PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ meal suggestions please...

jpH/keD
08-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi All! So sad but I am not going to WDW...
However, my best friend and her family are and they just booked their trip for Nov 1-8th.
NOW she calls and says help me w/ meal suggestions! I make mine at the 180 day mark but not them!
She has a DD10 who now hates princesses and a DS9 who is a great sport about anything.
My DBF and her DH round out the group of 4.
My first thoughts were WCC and Boma. Her kids are great eaters and even like sushi! So any help from the Intercot Experts is greatly appreciated!! TIA for any advice! :thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Prime Time Cafe can be fun. Or Sci Fi if you think they might like the atmosphere (we're not crazy about the food).

ElenitaB
08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
I'd add 'Ohana for either breakfast or dinner, and Kona for any meal!

kemps@wdw
08-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Our DD is 15. And I am probably the most picky eater EVER !! And DH, well he's just likes to have a cold one :beer: w/his meal! Our solution? Pick a late afternoon/evening, take a leisurely stroll about the WS lagoon, and eat and dring your way "around the World!" I guarantee you'll find something for everyone. Be sure to try something in each country and catch some of the musical acts, like "Off Kilter" in Canada, and "The British Invasion" in the back gardens in UK. And if you time it just right, you should be finishing up just in time for Illuminations. We always reserve one, sometimes 2 evenings for our relaxing stroll "around the World".:cloud9:

Simba'sBud
08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Definitely stick with the WCC suggestion for lunch or dinner. Another dinner option would be Ohana's. Like a previous poster mentioned, 50's Prime Time is another good choice for atmosphere and a good laugh.

andmomlau
08-29-2008, 10:37 AM
We just returned last week and had WONDERFUL meals, although we did reserve back in March, and even then, we had a a tough time scheduling. We took our DD and her best friend, both 20 years old, and we did have fun at Prime Time. The food wasn't fantastic, but good, and we did have a good waitaress this time who made it alot of fun. I would also try breakfast at O'Hana. We had breakfast there last year and it was fantastic. This year we had dinner there and it also was wonderful.... ALOT of food, but you'd better be meat eaters!!! We have also had good meals in the past at Cape May Clambake at the BC..it's not usually too hard to get into. The best find we thought was a CS meal....someone on this site recommended Wolfgang Puck EXPRESS in Downtown Disney (right in back of the Christmas shop) and it was fantastic. The food was delicious and it was by far the best CS we had. We liked it so much we ate there twice! Hope these suggestions help!

jpH/keD
08-29-2008, 02:59 PM
oooohhh! The clam bake idea sounds great! Is that a character meal? And I like Wolfgang's Express too! I hope she will try one of those! Thanks for your help! :thumbsup: Keep the great ideas coming!

oliver&bianca
08-29-2008, 03:45 PM
:tink::tink::tink::tink::tink::tink::tink::tink::

Planet Hollywood (Downtown Disney) has good food and a great atmosphere. My kids (12 and 8) love it.

Also, the 50's Prime Time Cafe (DHS) is another favorite. The food is pretty good, and it is A LOT of fun - if you are a good sport.

We also like....Liberty Tree Tavern (MK), Mama Melrose (DHS) and the Garden Grill (Epcot).

With kids, I would stay away from Le Cellier. Hardly anything was eaten off of their plate (and mine).

wendy*darling
08-29-2008, 08:17 PM
They will be there during Epcot's Food & Wine Festival.
Be sure to tell them to reserve a couple of mealtimes for eating from the kiosks around World Showcase Lagoon. Especially since they sound like they enjoy new and different foods.

And since we are well within the 180 day mark- I would concentrate on the resort restaurants for better availability.

KAT1811
08-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Okay for starters they are going to have a really hard time finding anything at this point. We are heading to the World November 6th - 18th and I have had all of my dining made since the 180 day mark (like many of us Intercoters) but I have recently been trying to make some changes to no avail. I call everyday and have had no luck. I would have a list of restaurants they would like to dine at and go from there. At this point I think they will have to take what is there. Some of our favorites are:

'Ohana
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
California Grill
Hoop-Dee-Doo Review
Whispering Canyon Cafe
1900 Park Fare
San Angel Inn
Tutto Italia
Nine Dragons
Le Cellier
Mama Melrose's
Beaches & Cream

Others I have heard good things about:

Narcoossee's
Citricos
Rose & Crown
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Yak & Yeti

Good luck!!!

jpH/keD
08-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks Wendydarling and KAT1811! Your suggestions are VERY helpful! KAT,Your list ROCKS!

They have been able to book Crystal Palace, Hoop De Doo, Biergarten so far. I was shocked they got the HDD booked but they did!!

They were unable to book LeCellier but are still hopeful. That is a hard one IMHO!

Thanks again for all the great tips! :thumbsup:

jpH/keD
09-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi Everyone! My DBestF and her family are all set! Here is what they booked:
Hoop De Doo
LTT
Biergarten
Tusker House(Character Breakfast)
Tusker House dinner
new Italian restaurant (EPCOT)
CP dinner

They are still trying for LeCellier. If they get that, they will bump the new Italian place off and go to LeCellier instead! Thanks to all my friends at Intercot for all your great thoughts and ideas! She is all set! :thumbsup: