mouseketeer mom
08-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Cast
Me Lisa
DH Steven
DD Katie 14
DD Khloe 12
DS Kai 8

We begun our day with using some snack credits at Captain Cooks for a quick breakfast on our balcony before Epcot. This Deluxe dining plan is insane. All of these meals and snacks to use up and get your monies worth!!! We got bananas, muffins, and filled our mugs with coffees and juices. We walked to the TTC and hopped on the Epcot monorail. Epcot was jamming already at 10am. I ran for fastpasses for Soarin'...this is our favorite ride (next to Pirates) in all of WDW. Then we hit Spaceship Earth! Our first time on it since the rehab. We loved it. We thought the ending was a hoot with our faces on the characters, looking into our "future"..when that part started, all you could hear was laughter all around us. It seems like alot of people enjoyed that part of the ride. We then went on Nemo, and then saw that test track was over an hour wait, and I couldn't get more fastpasses yet. Oh well, no testtrack for us this am. We went to our noon ADR at Garden Grill. We love this place. We really do. We love everything about it. The food is wonderful, and the character interaction seems more private or something here. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1781.jpg After lunch it was time for our Soarin adventure and we walked onto the front row within 5 mins of getting into the fast pass line. I wish I could fly like this all of the time! I love the feeling of this ride! We all do! We headed back to our resort after Soarin'. We wanted some downtime at the Poly. We rented watermice and scooted around for awhile. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1787.jpg This is a must do every trip. My husband got a really slow water mouse and he and my son had trouble keeping up to us all. I parked by the WL for a few minutes to look at my second favorite resort before returning my sea raycer. Time to get ready for our dinner at the new restaurant the Wave at the CR. But first some lizard hunting http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1799.jpg and a purchase of a Dale hat in the CR gift shophttp://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1813.jpg..the Wave was our most unfavorite dining experience during the whole trip. First of all, it took forever..service was really slow. And the food...well, it was just a little weird..they had a limited menu and nothing that we had was really good. The desserts looked good http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1812.jpg, but everything just had a funky edge to it. Not our thing, we wouldn't return. We had planned on a trip to MK in the evening after dinner, but the meal took hours. We were all pooped after the Wave and did some shopping at the CR instead. I got my monorail T shirt with the Monorail saying on it...I got some kitchen supplies, and my girls got some jewelry. Off to our balcony for Wishes.

SBETigg
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Seeing the pictures makes me wish I was at the Poly again! That chipmonk hat is so cute. I love Soarin, too. Sorry that the Wave wasn't your thing, but at least you tried and now you know. I'm happy to hear about it, though, for future consideration, or maybe not.

Lizzie
08-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Its great to see how you are really enjoying the amenities at your resort.

buzznwoodysmom
08-26-2008, 04:21 PM
We love Soarin too. The first time Landon was tall enough to ride Soarin (he was around 4) when the ride ended he said (really loud) "Epcot is the coolest"! I would love to ride it several times during our days in Epcot, but the lines are always too long. The watermice look like such fun, we are definitely going to have to set aside some time for them on our next trip. Can't wait to read the rest of the reports. It sounds like you are having a wonderful family vacation.

tinkerbell04
08-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for sharing! I have read several reports from people dining at the Wave with a similar reaction. I was thinking about trying it in December but after perusing the menu, just didn't think that it would fit for my large group.

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2008, 10:40 PM
We really didn't care for the Wave either.

Great day, can't wait for more.

Sorry you missed the mini meets, it would have been nice to meet you!!

#1disneyfan
08-26-2008, 10:59 PM
WOW and I thought the regular dining plan was a lot of food!

Sounds like you had another great day!

Mackflava99
08-26-2008, 11:07 PM
I think the Wave was made for visiting Europeans,:)
I am laughing about the lizard pictures- he is pretty good, you have to be quick to catch them.

I like the Garden Grill too- i am sad they are limiting the character experience to dinner only

You went from the Poly all the way to the WL? very impressive-

Excellent report, I am so happy all of you had such a good time.

Kisobel
08-27-2008, 06:47 AM
i would love to see the fireworks from a balcony one day.

kate

mickey&missy
08-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Wow Lisa! The deluxe plan really does sound like a lot of food! I'm full just thinking about it! We have deluxe for our trip in January! Yikes!

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2008, 07:59 AM
I think the Wave was made for visiting Europeans,:)
I am laughing about the lizard pictures- he is pretty good, you have to be quick to catch them.

I like the Garden Grill too- i am sad they are limiting the character experience to dinner only

You went from the Poly all the way to the WL? very impressive-

Excellent report, I am so happy all of you had such a good time.

Yeah, about those lizards..my son is so incredibly quick getting them. He caught 12 altogether this whole trip. He says the trick is to pretend you don't see them, he does this funny slow walk, then like a ninja he throws out his "dominate hand" (thats what he says!) and he's got one. Its so crazy to watch because he is really not quick about anything else!

DizNee143
08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
another great day! i keep hearing so-so reviews about the wave...that really stinks! they should of never gotten rid of the concourse steak house..me and my fiance think that place was awesome! just another bad decision on disneys part! and i agree your son must be pretty quick to catch those lizards...they are so cute! :mickey:

laward32
08-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Looks like another great day. I spoke to soon on your meals. Sorry the Wave wasn't any good. Thanks for sharing your pics.:mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-27-2008, 07:04 PM
another great day...........:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Sorry about the wave, maybe it will get better with time

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Looks like you live with the Great Lizzard Catcher! :D Sad to read that the Wave isn't really knocking people's socks off, but your day sounded like great fun. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
08-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for sharing.

wilshade
09-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Maybe Kai should audition for Animal Planet! Nice report. Thanks for the heads up about The Wave.

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
We peeked into the dining room of the Wave on our last visit but did not eat there. Perhaps that was just as well! Sorry it wasn't to your liking!

The rest of your day sounded terrific!