PDA

View Full Version : Benson, Keaton Voicing Toy Story 3

caryrae
08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Benson, Keaton Voicing Toy Story 3
Source: IESB.net August 25, 2008

While promoting The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning (on DVD August 26), Jodi Benson, who has voiced Ariel since 1989's hit feature, revealed that she is returning as the voice of Barbie in Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3 and will be joined by Michael Keaton as the voice of Ken, reports IESB.net.

Keaton worked with Pixar previously voicing Chick Hicks in 2006's Cars. Benson played Tour Guide Barbie and Barbie on Backpack for Toy Story 2.

The duo join voice cast members Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Don Rickles, Wallace Shawn, Estelle Harris, John Ratzenberger and Ned Beatty. The third installment is scheduled for a June 18, 2010 release.

dw2649
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
It is going to be interesting to see who will be voicing Slinky Dog since the original voice, Jim Varney (aka Ernest) passed away back in 2000 (I think).

ChipnDaleGal
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
I love Michael Keaton. He is one of my favorite actors. :thumbsup:

Jasper
08-26-2008, 03:41 PM
I had forgotten about Jim Varney being deceased.

His was such a strange but lovable character that he created!

PirateLover
08-26-2008, 04:11 PM
It is going to be interesting to see who will be voicing Slinky Dog since the original voice, Jim Varney (aka Ernest) passed away back in 2000 (I think).

I was just thinking about that. Slinky Dog is my fiance's favorite character...it's even his intercot name!

DisneyDog
08-27-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm glad to hear that Michael Keaton will be contributing to this movie. Every once in a while I will think "I wonder what ever happened to Michael Keaton." I think he's a great actor and very funny :)

GrumpyFan
08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm glad to hear that Michael Keaton will be contributing to this movie. Every once in a while I will think "I wonder what ever happened to Michael Keaton." I think he's a great actor and very funny :)

Agreed! He's one of my favorites. He stole the show in Beetlejuice and played a great Batman (IMHO). One of my favorite movies, and his first big screen appearance was Night Shift, although it is a bit of a quirky movie.

BTW: He's still around and still very active making movies and doing TV appearances. He's currently working on 2 new movies, one where he's cast as the voice of Noah, in an upcoming animated film from Promenade Pictures, titled Noah's Ark: The New Beginning and is due to release sometime this year.

kakn7294
08-30-2008, 05:29 AM
I loved Tour Guide Barbie! I can't wait to see where Pixar takes these 2 characters. Michael Keaton should be great as Ken.