mouseketeer mom
08-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Cast:
Me, Lisa
Steve DH
Katie DD 14
Khloe DD 12
Kai DS 8

As usual, I don't sleep the night before the trip. Every cell in my body is keenly aware that I am leaving for WDW in the morning and I can't settle down. I must sleep about 4 hours only when I wake up 45 mins before the alarm. Like a shot I am up! I am into the clothes I layed out..I am packing last minute essentials, and then I get my troops up! We are extra careful not to let our cats out this morning, and they are trying very hard to sneak past us as we put the luggage onto the driveway waiting for the limo to arrive. (My MIL comes to care for our pets while we are gone) We are into the car, a stop at Dunkin Donuts for breakfast to eat on the way, and off we go!!!
Our flight was ontime, and all went well. I love to fly, and flying to Orlando is much more fun than flying home! ME was a breeze, and for the first time, We are the first stop! Polynesian here we are!!! I noted a request for ground floor on our ressie, and also faxed the resort before we arrived, 2 times actually. At check in they had no record of our ground floor request. They had us second floor Tuvalu, no balcony. They said the only sure fire way to get your request recognized is to CALL the front desk before arrrival. I was bummed. We all were. We love the ground floor at the Poly. We got moved to a third floor with a balcony in the bldg we wanted, Tuvalu. My girls got festive while waiting for me to check in. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1714.jpg And we quickly got over any reservations we had about our room, this is what we saw from our balcony http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1882.jpg We had the castle in front of us, GF to the left, space mountain and the CR to our right. My little guy took off lizard hunting..don't worry, he just catches them, then lets them go.. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1885.jpg Then we settled in, and off to the pool! We had a 5:00 ADR at Ohanas and we felt like we were officially "home". My DH had his first of many birthday cupcakes during our Ohana's dinner..my kids did the Hokaulau dance, and we ate ourselves silly. The peanut sauce is addictive! After dinner we hopped on the monorail for our first Pirates ride of our trip! We walked right on. Then a cruise thru the Jungle, with only a 15 min wait. We took off to find some intercot friends at Spectromagic. I couldn't find anyone. I called Grego who explained about a bus accident by downtown disney and he didn't make it over on time. I couldn't find anyone else, so off to Haunted Mansion for our first ever nighttime ride, then back to the Poly to watch Wishes from our balcony. We could hear the Luau music on our balcony also and we loved that. This room had it all! The only thing missing was Mickey Mouse himself, my DH said! We fell into those delicious beds and we were home!

DisneyWhirled
08-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry you didn't get your room request, but the view from the room you did get was magnificent! Sounds like a great 1st day!!

SBETigg
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow, off to a fun start! Thanks for reporting.

Lizzie
08-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a great start.

buzznwoodysmom
08-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Yay!!! You've started your trip reports. I've been waiting what seems like days for these reports. Don't tell me you still didn't get to meet anyone while at WDW?! Well you are off to a great start and I am off to read more!

Mackflava99
08-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I am glad you flight and ME went very well-
Sorry about the room, BUT that view is terrific-

I am glad to see you had a terrific first day !!

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry you didn't get the room you requested, but it sure seems they made up for it. What a view!!

We hung out at Liberty Tree waving a sign for a while, but didn't see anyone. Sorry we missed you.

#1disneyfan
08-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Sounds like a great start!

Kisobel
08-27-2008, 06:42 AM
love the view.

kate

mickey&missy
08-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Lisa! I so glad you got that wonderful view to make up for your room not being on the ground level! I can't wait to read more!!

DizNee143
08-27-2008, 09:55 AM
sounds like a great travel day..and first part of a day in the parks..lol...sorry you didnt get the room you requested..but seems you guys ended up with a pretty good room anyways! :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear about your room, but at least you got a great view. Very nice pix. I will enjoy the rest of your reports soon I hope.

laward32
08-27-2008, 03:06 PM
You may not have gotten what you wanted, but it turned out better than expected. I really want to stay at the Poly. Hopefully for our land/sea vaca I will finally get to. I am glad your trip started out so great. Your girls are very pretty.:mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-27-2008, 06:54 PM
sounds like a great start to your vacation.....:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a great room anyway...:)

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Now that is a wonderful view!! :thumbsup: Sounds like a wonderful start to your trip. Cute kids! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
08-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Sounds like a great start, and a great view.

wilshade
09-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Awesome view and a good start! Thanks for the pics!

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
What a great view from your room!