PDA

View Full Version : Kittysomerville's pre-trip report. Sept 14-21

kittysomerville
08-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Ok, this is technically my 3rd trip, but I don't remember my 1st trip because I was so young. My 2nd trip was when I was in high school on a school sponsored trip, and I had to be on their time schedule and stay with my group of 6 daredevils, and I was the ride chicken (we rode EVERYTHING scary). So this is my 1st trip as an adult doing things at my pace and doing what I want to do! Yay! It's been 8 years since I've been to the world and I'm excited to be taking my husband down for his 1st trip! Luckily, I'm not a ride chicken anymore and am looking forward to riding everything this time around!

Cast
Amanda - 25 (me)
Clint - 31 (my husband)

Staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort Sept 14-21 with free dining! (We were going to stay at POP, but with free dining, we decided to upgrade)

Day before - leaving our 3 sweet kitties :cat: :cat: :cat: in someone elses care for the trip. We will miss them dearly. :(

Day 1 - Leaving for flight from New Orleans airport - Need to leave house by 7:30am. This is the first time either of us will fly, so we're a little nervous. We'll likely arrive at our resort around 3:00pm or 4:00pm. Head to Magic Kingdom. Dining at California Grill @ 7:30pm. This is the first "fancy" restaurant me and DH will have ever been to! :wine:

Day 2 - Epcot. Dining at Coral Reef @ 11:30am. I was lucky enough to schedule a diver to hold a sign up for my husband saying, "I love you, Clint! -Amanda." I'm also having a personalized menu done up for him as an extra suprise! :heart: Note: I opted to put both our names on the sign so my DH would actually believe me when I tell him I set this up. haha!

Day 3 - Hollywood Studios. Dining at 50's Prime Time @ 11:40am. I'm excited about the character interaction at 50's since my DH doesn't like veggies! Fantasmic showtime @ 8:00pm.

Day 4 - Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe @ 8:30am. My DH really wanted a fancy breakfast one morning, and I figured since TL doesn't open until 10:00, it'd be perfect! Typhoon Lagoon until we're tired of swimming. Dining at Raglan Road @ 6:30pm.

Day 5 - Animal Kingdom. Dining at Boma @ 7:20pm. Can't wait to try some African cuisine!

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom. Dining at Crystal Palace @ 12:45pm. Staying for MNSSHP!!! :blackcat:

Day 7 - Epcot. Dining at San Angel Inn @ 8:00pm. May cancel dining if we want to visit another park.

Day 8 - No plans, but must leave park by 2:00pm. Will depart on Magical Express about 3:00pm. Flight leaves at 6:00pm.

As far as counter service meals go, we're just gonna play it by ear and grab whatever's nearby or looks good at the time. I think me and DH will want to eat at different CS places in Epcot since there's so much variety.

Anyway, I'm soooo excited! I'm ready to be there! 19 days to go!!! :woohoo:

LuvsTigger80
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Sounds like you will have a fun trip!! :mickey: Can't wait to hear your trip reports.

ChipnDaleGal
08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Looks like you have a wonderful trip ahead of you with some delicious meals! :tasty: I am sure your sign at the Coral Reef will really surprise him. Hopefully you can catch it on film. Safe travels, and have a great time! :mickey:

SBETigg
08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Looks like a great plan! No wonder you're excited. You're going to have so much fun!

cal5755
08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
You are going to have such a great time!! We will be there the same week!! Your dining options look great and I can't wait to hear about how DH likes his Coral reef experience.

Have a magical time!!

Lizzie
08-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Looks like a great plan have a great trip.

DizNee143
08-27-2008, 11:43 AM
sounds like a great plan!! hope you guys have a great time!! :mickey:

satchel01
08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Your trip sounds awesome!! How did you schedule a diver to hold up a sign at Coral Reef during your dining time? I'd love to do that! We'll be arriving 9/18 (CBR too) for our honeymoon and I'd love to do that for my husband!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Sounds like fun...

tinkerbell04
08-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Sounds like a great trip planned....can't wait to hear all about it when you get home.

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2008, 08:18 PM
:mickey:Sounds fabulous. Have a great time and travel safely! Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return!:mickey:

faline
09-11-2008, 01:36 PM
How did you schedule a diver to hold up a sign at Coral Reef during your dining time? I'd love to do that! We'll be arriving 9/18 (CBR too) for our honeymoon and I'd love to do that for my husband!!

Here's information on scheduling a diver greeting (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=141903&highlight=coral+reef+diver+greeting).

kittysomerville: Your trip is almost here! Sounds like you've got an awesome trip planned! Enjoy!