PDA

View Full Version : Which buildings at POR?

ryels
08-26-2008, 09:07 AM
We will be staying at POR for the first time in November and are debating as to whether we should make a request for a room in Alligator Bayou or in some of the mansions. We've heard good things about both. Just wondering how those of you who have stayed there felt about each building type.

Please choose an option in the poll and feel free to elaborate about your pros and cons on each.

Thanks! :mickey:

Insanity Clause
08-26-2008, 10:25 AM
We will be staying at AB at POR. Our main reason is that we will be there with our 3 kids and that way we can use the trundle and not have to pay for a full out suite which would break the budget. I have never stayed there but DH did and he said that they are very nice and likes them alot. Here is a link to some pics...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Port_Orleans-R/room-ab/index.htm

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-26-2008, 01:07 PM
We've done AB once, Bldg #18 and loved it. I'm assuming that once your in the room that it's basically the same whether it's AB or the Mans.

For me, strolling the paths to/from AB was very relaxing and "felt" more quiet and private than the walks by the Mansions. There are some very enjoyable strolls around AB, to the pool or food court.

It's hard to quantify, I just really liked the "feel" of AB.

Bldg 18 is a good choice, short walks to the bus stop, food court and main pool, plus it has a quiet pool right by it. A very good location.

ibrowse17
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
We stayed at POR last Feb, and really enjoyed it. The views and walkways in and around AB were very nice. I think you will be ok in either, but the AB has a more outdoors quaility about it that our family liked better:thumbsup:

KayDee
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Mr.Snooty here and we love the mansions not to say that we would never stay at AB.
We love the layout and how easy it is to get around.Also the quiet pools are quiet.
Some praticle points are
1.The AB section allows for 5 people and it seems that more people do stay in that section.
2.Also I do believe that the AB section does have some rooms that are the furthest from the lobby compared to the mansions.

Tinkerbella16
08-26-2008, 03:13 PM
We loved AB at POR when we went last year. They put us in a far building (Bldg #24), but it didnt bother me at all because the grounds are so nice, it was peaceful and relaxing walking to and from the main building. The good part about Bldg 24 was that we had a bus stop right outside of our room so it was great when coming back at night.

The entire resort is gorgeous, but theres just something about AB section that was different then anywhere I've stayed. I really love the charm it has. The rooms were perfect, great size, nice decor, and so cute!

Belle1217
08-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Question for Tinkerbella16 And a little off topic.
How far of a walk was it to eat or go to the main pool from building 24. We will be there in Nov. and wanted to know worst case senerio. Thanks!!

sainter
08-27-2008, 02:47 AM
How far of a walk was it to eat or go to the main pool from building 24. We will be there in Nov. and wanted to know worst case senerio. Thanks!!

6 or 7 minutes I would say.

Tinkerbella16
08-27-2008, 07:32 AM

It wasn't far at all to the main pool because there are pathways and shortcuts. Since Ol' Mans Island is basically on an island, there was a pathway that brought you right to it...I would say about 5 or 6 minutes. It was a little hike to the main building though. For us going at such a quiet week in november, they put us in a far room. But I love the walking...so I wasn't complaining.

Mickey91
08-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm not really a snooty fancy pants, but I prefer the beautiful lay out and decor of the Mansions.

Wickster1970
08-30-2008, 12:09 AM
The entire resort is gorgeous, but theres just something about AB section that was different then anywhere I've stayed. I really love the charm it has. The rooms were perfect, great size, nice decor, and so cute!

I second that. This may sound weird but some of my fondest memories of when I went way back when it was called Dixie Landings were strolling around early morning and late evening. That was back when you could see the fireworks from Pleasure Island when looking down the river, towards PORFQ. Really cool!

#1donaldfan
08-30-2008, 09:39 AM
POR AB bldg 18 is our favorite !!!

I have to say that we feel the same about a lot of these posts......there is just something "special" about being there and strolling around the quiet, relaxed walks.....I could write a book on how great that place is for us !!!!!!:mickey: