PDA

View Full Version : Part 4 - Two weeks of.....

dolphinmickey9170
08-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Hot, humid fun in the sun.......or so I thought.

Wednesday - Aug 13th - Today we are meeting Kathy and family for a 1900 Park Fare breakfast. We manage to get up at 630 and head out without any problems. I thought. We hop on the boat to Contemporary, then on the monorail to GF. We check in and Kathy and Phil aren't too far behind us. I step outside to take a picture (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2901956470042804337aXMrLr), when I realized none of us have a room key. Ouch. Being on the DDP, one must have at least one persons room key.

I say good morning to Phil, tell him to enjoy their breakfast and then sprinted (here is where my Olympic trial begins) up the stairs, onto the monorail, off at MK, to the boat launch. The biggest possible boat arrives and I'm back at WL in a few minutes. I run to the desk, tell them I need a new room key as I have locked myself out of my room. She quickly makes me a new key and I sprint back to the boat launch, just as a boat approaches to MK, then up the resort monorail, back to GF. Whew. I made it. Although, Kathy and her family had already eaten, they waited for me and so did Ben. So we ate a quick breakfast, and got a few photos (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2111403220042804337lnehyv). I think someone was tired of waiting for me, they got a bit silly. (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2534939010042804337lcLsjH) But they were having fun (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2179363100042804337geJJim). For now.

We headed back to the room to get everyone's room keys and park passes and mousekeeping had come. Uh oh, somethings missing. Bun Bun has disappeared. We also lost a nunny (pacifier). I called Mousekeeping and explained what the problem was. I believe that Bun Bun was wrapped up in the bedding, and when mousekeeping cleaned the room, Bun Bun went for a swim. I spoke with Brenda who stated they would check all the laundry. It had only been a few hours, so the laundry couldn't be too far away. I explained that this Bun Bun was Keara's night night stuffy that she sleeps with. They said they would do all they could to find it, and that they couldn't replace it, but could find something for her to love in the meantime.

So, off we went back to MK. We met up with Kathy for Philharmagic and had fun in the show. Keara won't leave the glasses on all the time, but she still has fun. Since breakfast isn't our biggest meal, we decided it is time for lunch. We head for Cosmic Ray's. Good stuff as always.

If you have been following Kathy's reports, you would have read about the baseball stuff at Casey's. This is the picture she was talking about. (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2179363100042804337geJJim)Yankees, Pirates and Red Sox.

We head off for our second mini meet with grego77 at Liberty Tree for 830pm. We hung out with the sign Jessica made, but no one approached. So we headed for Splash, and splash we did. We picked Ben, Katy, Keara and Megan back at Pecos Bill's as they didn't want to ride. I got soaked.

We head home and upon entering our room, there is a rattling baby Pooh bear with a note, "Please sleep with me tonight." from Brenda. She felt badly about losing Bun Bun (a soft pink fluffy rabbit) and wanted to be sure Keara had a stuffy. What a nice surprise.

Next up - a cluster at O'Hana? We closed them down.

kakn7294
08-25-2008, 11:07 PM
That pic of Phil and Ben is priceless! I forgot about that! Breakfast turned out fine, despite all the problems (yours and ours) - we didn't mind at all!

Lizzie
08-26-2008, 12:12 AM
I hope all went well after she lost her stuffed animal. That wouldn't go over so well in my house.

Ropachs
08-26-2008, 07:29 AM
I thought my family was the only one to call a pacifier a nunny - I guess we're not as nuts as I thought :mickey:
Hope bun bun is found...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Wow, that Hatter is terrifying!

But Keara looks so cute as Alice!

DizNee143
08-26-2008, 10:46 AM
so the day started a little bumpy..lol..sounds like a great day after the morning! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
08-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I am so sorry that she lost her stuffed animal. I sure hope that it is found and returned soon! I know how hard they are to replace. I guess you felt that you needed to qualify since you spent all morning running races!

SBETigg
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
That's sweet that they tried to make amends for losing the bunny.

RedSoxFan
08-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Very nice of mousekeeping to replace the stuffed animal.

indytraveler
08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
a whole lotta running in the morning wakes you up real fast.. Glad it turned out ok.

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Made me tired just reading your little pre breakfast marathon. Kudos to you for making it so quick! Sorry little Bun Bun is missing. I hope he still shows up, but it is nice they brought her a new toy to sleep with.:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wilshade
09-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Nice story! Lots of action, drama, and even a couple of goofballs. :)

iheartmickey
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Love the pictures from 1900 ... so funny!

So sad to hear about the lose of Bun Bun ... we've had that happen ... it's not fun! Glad to see Disney tried to make up for it though. :mickey:

faline
09-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh! Oh! Was Bun Bun every found?

That certainly was a marathon for your breakfast! You deserve a gold medal for that dash!