PDA

View Full Version : To Tour or not?

Crow
08-25-2008, 08:43 PM
many trips to WDW
Did the Hidden Treasures of WS & Liked it.
Epcot fav park.
might b skipping WDW next yr.
Should I or shouldnt I take a tour?
pos-seeing parts of the parks I might have known as much about.
neg-$$ & time involved
& which tour?
I do have DDE, AP so there are discounts.

Mickey91
08-25-2008, 08:53 PM
We enjoyed the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour at MK. With an AP, will you be going back any this year? If yes, then definitely do a tour! With all the cut backs, you never know when there won't be any. Plus, with an AP, you can get more park time at a later date. If not, you will have to decide how much time, if any you can take away from the regular attractions. Time of year should factor in this also. You will have more time to spare in Sept. than say Christmas.

DDuck66
08-26-2008, 10:00 AM
We loved the Keys to the Kingdom. It is an extremely long (1/2 day) walking tour through the MK. It includes lunch and a lot of behind the scenes information. You even get to see the garbage collection system and the Utilidors under the MK. Downside, is that it does take several hours and boy were our feet hurting by the end of the tour.

eas423
08-26-2008, 11:43 AM
I second the Keys to the Kingdom tour, if you enjoyed the WS tour, you will love this one!

MMouse6937
08-26-2008, 11:52 AM
DH and my father loved the Segway tour through EPCOT. My DH said there were a lot of things to see that he never noticed before, plus you get to be in WS before the general public and he said that was cool too. They are going to try the off road Segway tour at FW this year.

Simba's Mom
08-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I loved the Backstage Safari tour in AK, partially because that's my favorite park. We got to go behind the scenes to the animal "houses", the animals kitchen, a backstage aviary, and we got a private KS where our tour guide pointed out a few bakstage secrets.

Tinkerbella16
08-27-2008, 03:45 PM
My mom and I will be taking our first WDW tour in November, and we are really excited! We chose the Keys to the Kingdom tour and have read some great reviews so far about this one. We also love the Columbia Harbour House, and that is where they take everyone for lunch. There are 3 tours in that start in the morning...we chose the earliest one, so that we could finish earlier and do things the rest of the day. I am really looking forward to KTTK tour!

Crow
08-27-2008, 08:26 PM
either Keys to the Kingdom, Undiscovered Future World, or the Backstage Magic? that covers all 3...not sure

EditReject
08-27-2008, 08:35 PM
I really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Yes it is a lot of walking but you stop many times to discuss different things plus there is the lunch break and you go on a couple attractions as well. Some may say that some of the "magic" is lost by going on the tour as you see some behind the scenes operations but the amount is just right that it did not ruin anything for me in my opinion. It will just enhance my future visits to the MK.

Magic Smiles
08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Keys to the Kingdom Tour was amazing. Sure it is a walking tour, but I didn't think any more walking than a normal day in the park. Actually for us it was a lot less walking. Even on the tour you get to go on a couple of the attractions with NO wait time. The information that our tour guide gave us was great. I would actually consider doing this tour again. Personally I think that this tour was worth every penny that they charge for it. And if you are a pin collector, you get a special pin. If you take the 1st tour of the day, you should be done around 1:30 and still have lots of time to do other stuff.
I highly recommend Keys to the Kingdom Tour.

kemps@wdw
08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
:thanks: Thanks to my fellow Intercoters here for your input on the KTK tour. Our DD will be 16 next year and we are planning to do the tour. I'm glad too hear good reviews so I know our plans are all good! Can't wait til 09!! :thumbsup:

maxrebo77
08-30-2008, 08:09 AM
My son-in- law loved the train tour. I myself finally did Behind the Seeds. It's a very nice way to spend an hour or so, and is not expensive.
:cool:

VWL Mom
08-31-2008, 03:24 PM
DH and DS13 did the Steam Train tour last year and really enjoyed it. They were given collectible pins, too.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
09-01-2008, 01:21 AM
:thumbsup:After perhaps 22 visits to WDW our family did Keys to the Kingdom. We loved it. Got to see some really great behind the scenes things like the float area and of course the Utilidors. We felt it was worth every penny of the cost. We have a son in law who has not been on the tour and next visit our DD and he plan to do the tour and I think my DS is also going along - this will be the second time for DS and DD and they are excited to do it again.

25 visits and more to come

wilshade
09-01-2008, 07:17 AM
If at all possible . . . do the Backstage Magic Tour!

Yes, it is an all day tour and is the most expensive. BUT . . it is the one that will take you to the Central Shops complex behind the Magic Kingdom.

Central Shops is where nearly all of the magic is made for WDW as well as for the other parks.

When I took the tour, they were still working on the ride vehicles for Everest.

You will get to talk to the folks who actually build and work on the attractions. We met the machinists who worked on the audio-animatronic stuff. These guys were there from the time WDW was first built.

Backstage Magic. Worth it. Do it.