PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP - Adult Costumes

Bananna
08-25-2008, 04:53 PM
We are planning on going to MNSSHP and think it would be fun to get into costumes as well. I know masks and certain items are not allowed. Does anyone have any good and easy to pack ideas for costumes?

crazypoohbear
08-25-2008, 05:01 PM
I was thinking of going as a nurse/doctor.
Scrubs and a stethescope. cool and easily portable.
also, a pirate, tourist, wench, hippie, disco, school marm, janitor, mechanic, train engineer, race car driver, olympic athlete with gold medals, pilot, farmer, gypsy

jonahbear2006
08-25-2008, 05:04 PM
I didn't want to put money into a costume that was too pricey so my husband went as a pirate, something very easy to do with ragged clothes and I went as Cinderella in rags. I got a long sleeved blue shirt, a black tank top, a long brown skirt, some flat slippers, and then quickly made up a do rag for my hair and a white skirt. It was cheap. I got the clothes at a second hand store and the white was a sheet we no longer used. It took about 15 min at the sewing machine to make, but if you don't do that sort of thing you can prob buy a white apron. The price was so much better than online prices for adult costumes. And, the best part was that when I went into the bathroom, a little girl wanted my autograph! She said, "MommY!! THE REAL CINDERELLA!" I felt so special to that little girl for 2 minutes of her life. What an impact! Kind of makes me want to apply to be cindy! Anyways, I would research the characters for things like this. Belle also has a previous costume that is not a fancy dress; I think most of the princesses do.

cal5755
08-26-2008, 08:50 AM
We are going for the first time this year. All the girls (and one uncle) are dressing as Dorothy from the wizard of oz. (ages 5-96). DH and the boys are dressing up as Mickey Chefs. We went to the disney store and they had apron sets with hats and a mit on sale for 7 dollars. Cool and easy.

Have fun!!!

pixiebeliever
08-26-2008, 09:09 AM
We went for the first time last year. Even before going I knew we would be going more then once, so I justified spending the money on a good costume for both DH and me that we would wear year to year.

I go as Evil Queen and DH is a pirate. As for the kids, DD wore one of her Princess dress up gowns. They are $20 at Wally-world and at least for us, we get alot of use out of them.

blueyedprincess
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
My fiance and I are going next year and I've decided on a few options.

1) Sock Hopper with poodle skirt and saddle shoes
2) Dorothy
3) St. Louis Cardinals fan (this one I have everything for already since I'm a big fan)

Also remember that you may be riding some rides that night too so you want something that will be easy to move in.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-26-2008, 10:50 PM
My DH and I are going as Capt. Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann. We thought it would be fun to dress as Disney characters.

3AMommy
08-29-2008, 09:52 AM
I am so excited!!! I have been lurking awhile using all the great tips to plan our upcoming trip (9/6 - 9/13).

Only 8 more days!!!

We are going to MNSSHP on 9/12 for our last night and our entire family is dressing up as the cast from Hercules!!!!

Me = Megara
Hubby = Hades
Memaw = Muse
DS8 = Phil
DS4 = Hercules
DD1 = Pegasus

We have both bought and made the costumes but they have come out AWESOME!!! I just can't wait for that night!

3AMommy:mickey:

DisneyDudet
08-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Last year, I went as "Stupid Judy" from The Universe of Energy. My mom went as "Ellen" and dad as Bill Nye. His was the best! We got a cheap blue lab coat and he work an old dress shirt with a bow tie that he got from the thrift store. It was great! Although you had to be a real Disneyphile to get it.

This year, I think we're planning on doing Disney attraction costumes again. I'm thinking maybe a "Ghost Host", "1000th Happy Haunt", and a "Hitchhiking Ghost" or a Jungle Cruise skipper. I can't think of anything else pretty easy. I am thinking of really just making shirts that say these things if we can't figure out an easier route. Some ideas I get off cafepress, but they are limited.

I like the Cinderella idea, jonahbear2006. May i ask why kind of shoes you wore? I can't imagine Cindy's little dainty work shoes would pan out well at the MK!