PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller Help!

KAT1811
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
We are heading to the World in November with our three daughters (11, 4, & 2) the 4 & 2 year olds will be celebrating those birthdays while we are there. I need help picking out a new double stroller. Right now we have a Combi Twin Savvy (side-by-side) stroller. Well, DH hates it. We were at the zoo the other day and he said that there is no way that we are bringing it to WDW, just too hard to push. While I like my stroller (it tri-folds and does not wiegh much) he cannot stand pushing it, he finds it hard to maneuver and is looking into double jogging strollers. Which I will admit steer much easier and ride like a dream. My fear is getting it onto and off of the busses. I noticed that they did not fold very easily (or compactly) and was wondering if anyone had any experience bringing that type of stroller with them? I tested an InSTEP double jogging stroller and loved it I am just worried about the folding issue. I will be 5 months pregnant (eith #4) on our trip so DH will have to tackle the stroller all on his own. I want a good stroller at a decent price. Even I find $800 strollers a bit ridiculous. Thank you in advance for your help!

Lizzie
08-25-2008, 03:30 PM
We just bought a Bob Revolution Double Stroller. With the 12 inch wheels. Our friends had one and it is the easiest thing to push.

What is great about it is the front wheel rotates and each child has a seperate canopy for shade. I have twin girls and one of them always plays with the canapy. It is also almost an inch narrower than normal joggers. Yes it is larger than normal side by sides but you can get on the bus with it fine and how much time do you spend in the park comared to the bus. The seats recline and you can get a bar attatchment for it so you can put a car seat on one side and a snack tray on the other.

We had a double jogger with a non rotating wheel and one canopy. It was so much work to push around by the end of the day.

REI actually has their strollers on sale right now for the best price I have seen in a while.

We didn't want a compact double stroller because we wanted something comfortable to push and with plenty of storage.

And with the BOB you have a maximum weight of 50 pounds for each child so we figure will get a few good years out of it.

KAT1811
08-25-2008, 05:03 PM
What is great about it is the front wheel rotates and each child has a seperate canopy for shade.

We certainly want a rotating front wheel big difference in maneuvering. A separate canopy will be great as well that way they can each have it whichever way they prefer.

Thank you for the feedback. I never even thought of looking at REI. I'll check out the Bob Revolution for sure.

jonahbear2006
08-25-2008, 05:08 PM
I really love the contours strollers. The seats turn around, like the eddie bauer only the contours are not as heavy and hard to manuveur. They are available at target.com and babiesrus. They have separate shades, food trays that detach, and both seats recline. They are all terrain strollers so they are uber easy to push and they collapse easily, basket is huge. great strollers. They make me want to have another baby just so I can continue to use the stroller. hee hee.

Flower
08-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Congratulations on #4 on the way!

We have a Graco Duo-Glide and I like it for Disney - I like that they sit one in front of the other and the canopy and food trays are removable - it will also fit the infant car seat for when #4 arrives!

Our jogging double is a Chariot Cougar - I love the ease of it, but because it is a side-by-side it cannot be taken in stores. It kicks butt at the zoo though! That being said, there is no way I would take it to WDW - it does not fold up very well.

KAT1811
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Congratulations on #4 on the way!

Thank you.

The girls are so used to the side by side I really want to stay with that type of stroller. Plus I cannot keep from thinking would I like to be the one stuck in the back? Not at all I don't even like the back seat of cars. :blush:

I am going to leave the decision up to DH as far as the jogger. After all he is the one that is going to be lugging it on and off the bus. That is the only drawback I see, the folding (or not folding as the case may be).

Thank you so much for all the input it really is helping!

KAT1811
08-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I really love the contours strollers.

I looked at the Contours stroller (per your suggestion) and liked many of the options but the trouble I had with it is you have to remove one of the seats in order to fold it? My mother and I fought with it and eventually had to read the manual to figure it out. Did I miss something?