PDA

View Full Version : Dumb DDP Questions

DreaminofDisney24
08-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Alright, this is a really dumb question...but when we go to TS's and CS's etc., do we tell them first that we're on the plan? Is there a card or anything to show? Just wondering! I know there's receipt that shows how many credits you have left, right? And it's best to maybe bring some cash for the TS tips (as well as anything else not on the plan)? Thanks so much! My husband informed me last night that we leave in about 3 weeks, which is amazing!:cloud9:

Tygger7
08-25-2008, 11:10 AM
When you check into your hotel, you'll get a "Key to the World" card. This card is your room key, park admission, and dining plan card. You can also have charging priviledges set up (which I HIGHLY recommend) so that any purchases are charged back to your hotel room & credit card on file. Before you order (at CS) and when you are checked in (TS), tell them you're on the dining plan...that is, if they don't ask first. You're correct that you can see your balance of CS & TS credits on your receipt...and you can also request a print out from the hotel front desk.

watch4pixiedust
08-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Not a dumb question! They usually ask if you're on the DDP, but if they don't, I like to tell them. They can be very helpful with plan info, so it's good for them to know. You will need to give them your Key To The World card whenever you pay for your meal - for CS, when you order, for TS, when they bring the bill.
Yes, you're correct, your receipt will show how many credits you have left.
You can tip with cash. I think you could also use your room key charging for a tip (not sure about that, maybe someone else can verify).

Have a great trip!

Bri
08-25-2008, 12:36 PM
i also think you can use your room key or a credit card to tip but you have to tell the server how much to put on the card which makes some people uncomfortable. but if you ordered an app or something extra, not covered by the dining plan, then you would have to put that on your cc anyway (or pay with cash) and you can add the tip when you get your receipt for the extra's.

beksy
08-25-2008, 12:37 PM
You can use your card to leave the tip and also to pay for any extras you get that aren't included on the plan as long as you have set up charging privileges on your card. That is what we did for every meal. I think we only used cash six times the whole trip and that was for something from a cart that didn't accept the card or for a drink or something. I highly recommend charging on the card, too. Then you don't have to worry about how much cash to carry or about losing it.