PDA

View Full Version : What else for kids?

Minniefan68
08-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Has anything changed on the kids' menus the last two years? At most of the counter service places it was the usual: nuggets, pizza, hot dogs, mac-n-cheese. I think my kids will go crazy if they have to eat that stuff again.

Any places with more a selection for kids?

disneyfan328
08-25-2008, 09:09 AM
I still think those are pretty standard for the kids meals, but they are offering some more healthy sides like veggie sticks, applesauce ect. A lot of the CS places also have the uncrustables sandwhiches (pb & J). There were quite a few times though that I just shared my adult CS meal with my DD 7 as she is more of an adult eater and there was more than enough food for us to share. I think that Sunshine Season in Epcot had a pretty decent selection of items. Our kids favorite was the Pizza at Pizza Planet. It was the best pizza of the whole trip.

maxrebo77
08-25-2008, 09:41 AM
At AK, the Yak and Yeti counter service has a kids Pork egg roll meal with choice 0f two sides and drink
At DHS the Backlot Express has a Sloppy Joe meal
At Epcot the Yakitori house does a Teriyaki Chicken with rice
Also Sunshine Seasons does a Sweet and Sour Chicken and also mini-subs
In MK Pinocchio Village House has a Turkey and Cheese Roll-up
the sides are a lot healthier, and also some places offer chicken drumsticks, or grilled or cold chicken on a salad instead of nuggets.
Hope this helps a little

homeschool mom
08-25-2008, 01:06 PM
It's sad to say, but my DSs will be thrilled if I let them eat nothing but nuggets, pizza and mac-n-cheese all week. It will be an extra happy vacation for them. :thumbsup:

18 days and counting! :cloud9:

spoonfulosugar
08-25-2008, 04:03 PM
When I'm not thrilld with the kid selections, we order off the regular menu...and just have them split something. Or sides are always good because they're smaller portions...cup of soup, side of steamed veggies, etc...

AREWETHEREYET
08-25-2008, 05:43 PM
My daughter and I went in July and did the Deluxe DP. I found that Wolf Gang Puck's counter service let her get anything off the menu. She loved the Fett. Alfredo !! The food was great and the portion was waaay more than any one person could eat. I hope this helps.

judoma
08-25-2008, 10:10 PM
If I'm not mistaken, a CS is a CS, unlike TS. There is no tally of child CS and adult CS on your card. So if you have a child that prefers nuggets and pizza most of the time great, go with the kids meal, but if your child likes more of a variety, then just get them a regular CS meal. I realized this towards the end of our trip last year.

Then there are the CS spots that have no kids meal. A few that stick out are, the Lunching Pad in MK and the Mexican place in Epcot.:mickey:

RockinRollerMom
08-26-2008, 10:26 AM
If I'm not mistaken, a CS is a CS, unlike TS. There is no tally of child CS and adult CS on your card. So if you have a child that prefers nuggets and pizza most of the time great, go with the kids meal, but if your child likes more of a variety, then just get them a regular CS meal. I realized this towards the end of our trip last year.:

As tempting as this might be it is against the rules. Even though the poster is right and Disney does not tally child credits and adult credits seperatly you are not allowed to get an adult selection for a child's credit. Most cast members know this and will not let you order 3 adult selections if you have 2 adulst and 1 child on your card.

My DD also gets very bored with the CS child selections. My family does a couple fo things:

- We order our 2 adult meals and spilt them between the 3 of us. There is almost always enough food. Some times we might order an extra yogurt or fries and pay that OOP. Then we save DD's CS credit for a breakfast. She always likes the CS breakfast choices.

- DH and I will will share a child's CS selection and an Adult selection.(always enough food for the 2 of us.) We will let our DD eat one of the adult selections.

TS meals are a little easier for us. We tend to book a lot of buffets. That way DD can eat what ever she likes and isn't tied just to the child's options.

lighteningqueen
08-26-2008, 02:25 PM
What I couldn't figure out is why doesn't Pinochios Village houes have Pizza for kids. Kids love pizza. Chicken nuggets, why do they think all kids only like them..