PDA

View Full Version : Put the ponchos away, as we bid adieu to Fay!

Maleficent's Dad
08-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Some brief updates and observations...

Fay continued to bring wind and rain on Saturday. Although the morning started out great, the afternoon and evening was tough as Fay's outer bands were sweeping through WDW.

We made the most of DAK early on Saturday - weather was warm and sunny, and there was always a breeze, so it was never oppressive. At close to 4 PM, when we arrived back at the BWV, the rain was coming down in buckets.

I'll try to highlight my days in future reports (dining and parks).

Yesterday - Sunday - things in WDW were much improved. There was no rain and only some breeze. It felt like August in Central Florida once again! We didn't even get hit with the afternoon thundershower that is so common here at 4 PM.

Yesterday was a mix of EPCOT and DHS, with Fantasmic closing the evening for my family.

That's it for the weather updates. We're supposed to have "typical Central Florida" weather for the rest of the week, so I'll try to give details of this trip when I get home next week. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-25-2008, 10:04 AM
That's great, thanks

Lizzie
08-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the updates.

Bethis26fan
08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Glad the weather is improving for you.

ChipnDaleGal
08-26-2008, 08:25 AM
I am sure that rain was no fun, but I am glad that your family is still out there making the most of it. Glad you are in for a dryer week this week. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
08-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the updates! I am looking forward to hearing the full reports!

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
09-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I was most certainly happy that I missed most of the rain during my recent trip! Sounds like you really soldiered through it!