PDA

View Full Version : Logan's trip that almost wasn't pre trip report.

Bethis26fan
08-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Cast:
Logan-4 (Is being very brave for nemo and is a new big brother)
Emily-29-aka EE (Logan's Aunt my Cousin & Roommate)
Me-Beth 28 (Logan doesn't know I'm not his aunt, I'm really his second cousin but he will never know i've always been aunt-cousin Beth but he just calls me aunt Beth)

This trip has been on then off so many times it makes my head want to spin lol. We were booked ready to go but were going to post pone it because Logan was very much afraid of everything and I do mean everything more so than most kids his age. We both still wanted to go and then Logan made his Aunt EE feel guilty by telling everyone he was going to disney. So we rebooked the trip which is turning out to be a big thing because Logan has been being brave to see Nemo at Disney, becuase he say nemo lives in the water at disney. I am glad to say in the last month he really has been improving everyone has been working with him. So the trip is now 12 days out and here is our basic plan. So the trip that was for him being a new big brother is now for him being brave. :o)

Friday Sept 5 we are leaving at 5:30pm and driving to Hardeeville SC it's almost half way to WDW. We are stoping for the night and will get back on the road the next morning.

Sat Sept 6: We are going to drive to Flagler Beach and stop and take a break so Logan can get out and run around a bit. This is only about an hour from WDW from there we will drive to the resort and check in if the room is ready we will go in and unpack if not we are heading to DTD. We are going to shop and have dinner at EOS before heading back to the resort to swim for awhile before calling it a night.

Sun Sept 7: Our first day in the parks. We have an early ADR with Pooh and friends from there we are headed to pirates then we will let Logan kind of lead the trip. We have a late lunch ADR at Tony's at 2:45 before heading back to the resort for a break and swim. After the break we are heading back to MK for EMH.

Mon Sept 8: We are headed to DHS our goal is to ride TSM atleast twice. Who knows if this will happen with the way everyone says fast passes go but we will see. We have a lunch ADR at 50's prime time for 12:20 after lunch we will head back to the resort for a break and then come back for the night. Again we plan to kind of let Logan lead us as what he wants to do. If he sees buzz and woody we will be there. When we went 2 years ago we had to wait in line to see Buzz twice lol. He's a Toy Story freak.

Tues Sept 9: Ak day we have a early ADR with Donald before checking out some of AK. Emily nor I really care for this park so we are only planing to stay till about 1:00. After that we will go back to the resort for a break and then back to MK for MNSSHP. Logan is going to be non other than Captin Jack, Emily is going as a pirate and I'm going as a witch. What can I say I just couldn't get my pirate stuff together. I wanted to do Mr Smee but I live in the south and couldn't find a red stocking cap anywhere.

Wed Sept 10: Epcot day this is the day that may test our limits, it's our fave park but we are worried about Logan. We don't plan to take a break this day because so much of the park is indoors and our lunch ADR at Garden Grill is at 1:25. our plans are to hang around FW till then the head to the WS after lunch. We will play it by ear but hope to not take a break.

Thurs: Sept 11 our last day in the parks we have a breakfast first at Ohana's before spending the day back at MK. We will take a break during the day and let Logan lead us. Also this day we are going to be a little mean. We know Logan will love everything about Splash but the drop so we are going to avoid this ride all week and then put him on it this day. We just don't want to make him not want to ride anything so we want to do it last. We plan to praise him for being such a big boy when we are done and buy the ride photo and probably a specail gift from the shop for being such a brave boy.

Fri. Setp 12: our travel home day we are going to eat breakfast at Kona we've wanted to do this the past 2 trips and haven't got too. I can't wait to try the tonga toast and Emily wants to try the pressed coffee. After breakfast we will slow make our way back to our resort and get the car take a last stroll throught the gift shop fill our mugs maybe play a game or too and head to winter summerland for 1 round of mini golf. Do you see us stalling a bit. lol after that we are going to start the long drive back to my aunts house. We are hoping all the activites before we leave will tire Logan so he'll sleep some of the 9 and 1/2 hour trip home.

So as with all things all plans are subject to change there are still a couple of ADR's we are hoping will open up and we can get and do some swapping but we will see. I will post a report when we get back. Thanks for reading.

ChipnDaleGal
08-25-2008, 07:55 AM
I hope that Logan can get swept up in all the wonder of WDW and put some of his fears aside. I am sure that the three of you will have a fantastic time. He is a lucky little boy to have two wonderful aunts putting so much thought and effort into making sure he has fun. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the report:mickey:

DizNee143
08-25-2008, 11:08 AM
i hope you all have a wonderful trip..and i hope logan has a really great time..and stays brave for everything!!! :mickey:

Lizzie
08-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Looks like a great plan.

LadybugTink
08-25-2008, 04:11 PM
I am sure Logan will be telling everyone he was very brave..even if he is not.

He has been so funny. Everytime we talk to him he wants to know if it is time to go yet. I am beting Beth and I will be crazy before we get there..lol.

faline
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I hope you are having a wonderful time and that Logan is enjoying his special trip!

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Excellent report- thanks for sharing- !! no need to explain- things happen-