PDA

View Full Version : Spending Money - 6 million dollar question!

disneymad1998
08-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi we will be travelling to the 'world' from the UK - does anyone out there know how much to roughly budget for the holiday either per day or total 2 weeks.....

I know it's like a six million dollar question but any advice would be appreciated!

Disneymad1998:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Do you have the dining plan? Are your tickets and accomodations already taken care of? If so, you will need enough money to cover tips for your TS meals, as the dining plan no longer covers this....estimate about 18% per meal....If you do not have the dining plan, take a look at meal costs for both TS, CS and Snacks under info central and plan accordingly....After tickets, meals, and accomodations, mostly all you need is souvenier money....and that is flexible depending upon your budget....figure around $20 for tshirts $5 for key chains/magnets $7-$10 for Disney souvenier mugs etc...we only go every three years so I take lots of souvenier money.....about $1000 for our 10 day trip and that covers tips, laundry, etc....you can do it for much less though

disneymad1998
08-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the reply - we dont have the dining plan - we plan to visit dennys and a few other restaurants in the mornings as we get a bit fed up with the resort food.

Our package includes flights, hotel, park tickets and car hire so we just need to pay for food and souvenirs.......

We are from the Uk and are getting quite a good deal with the change rate for the dollar at th moment....

EmmMOM2
08-24-2008, 04:43 PM
When our family of three went years ago we spent $1000 dollars on Food alone in our 8 day trip.
So if you plan on eating out alot during the 2 weeks AND plan on buying souveniers I'd have about 2 Grand handy IMHO

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-24-2008, 04:54 PM
If you're eating offsite, you can probably save some money on eating out....and like you said the exchange rate is quite good for you:)

PetefromRI
08-24-2008, 05:39 PM
We usually spend $50.00 U.S. per person per day and that's only if we eat at counter service places in Disney.We don't buy any souveniers but we always have plastic on us just in case we get stuck and we have to stay a few extra days.Hope this helps!

goldilocks
08-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi
We are from the Uk and so far I purchased £1500 worth of dollars, which when I got them a couple months ago was about $2897. We have the dining plan, but we have some universal and sea world tickets to buy plus petrol (sorry gas). I'm hoping I will have plenty, but will also take a couple of credit cards with me.
My teenage son is at uni, so has no money at all, so we will have to fund him, as well as probably buy drinks etc, for all 6 of us. My daughter has left buying her dollars a bit late and they have now dropped to about $1.75. Still can't be helped. I suppose it really depends on how much shopping you like to do.

Sharon