PDA

View Full Version : CBR room request

poohbearkris
08-24-2008, 10:51 AM
HI, It has been about 18 years since I have stayed at CBR. Lately have been staying at POFQ, but DH wanted to try something different. We will be traveling with our DS's 4 and 1, with a stroller. Since we booked, my parents decided to join us on our trip. They will be staying at CBR as well. I know we have a few issues for room requests and thought maybe somebody would have some words of wisdom. We were unable to get a preferred location with the current special. Both of my parents have some issues with walking for long periods of time, so I would like to minimize the walk as much as possible. WIth their walking issues as well as having the stroller, I would prefer a first floor room. We thought about possible getting connecting rooms, but this is the least of my concerns. I initially requested the Barbados section, since it seemed to be the first bus stop after the preferred location. Does anybody have any ideas, recommendations for what is best at CBR? Will they allow us to upgrade to a preferred room at check-in if any are available, and if so, does anybody know the price difference. Thanks.:mickey:

JoDisney
08-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Since you cannot book a preferred room. Check out the resort map at "resorts" above. The preferred sections are close to food court and main pool, Martinique and Tinidad North. Now, if you look at short walk across the bridge from the food court and main pool, there is Jamaica and Aruba. In my opinion, those are very close to the food court and main pool and those have bus stops. It never hurts to ask for a preferred room at check in.

Disneyfun
08-24-2008, 02:01 PM
I have no personal experience with this, but I have heard that it works a bit better than waiting till check in to ask for a certain location or room type....
Fax in your requests to CBR in advance of your trip. You may wish to place a followup call to CBR as well.
Make sure to be very respectful and phrase everything in an "If you can, this would be great, but if not it's ok..." manner.
Here are their numbers:
Phone: 407-934-3400
Fax: 407-934-3288

CleveRocks
08-24-2008, 07:36 PM
The very best way to put in a request is to have it as part of your reservation. Call 407-WDISNEY to have your requests noted directly on your reservation ... if you booked with a travel agent then the TA has to do this for you.

And by the way, there's no such thing as "the first bus stop" and there's also no such thing as "the preferred bus stop."

Buses between CBR and the parks have 7 stops within the resort. Each village has its own stop, and Old Port Royale has one, also.

Buses for Magic Kingdom and buses for Downtown Disney start at Martinique and from there stop at Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and finally Barbados before heading to the destination.

Buses for Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom start at Jamaica and from there stop at Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and finally Trinidad South before heading to the destination.

poohbearkris
08-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks for all of the advice. Kris

mouseketeer mom
08-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I would suggest calling the resort itself a few days before check in to note your requests on their system. Heres why: We checked into the Poly two weeks ago. I had our requests put on our reservation at the time of booking, and I followed up thereafter to be sure the request was still noted. I also faxed our requests twice, to be sure the resort got it. Well, we checked in, and the Poly had no record of our requests. When I inquired, they said the only sure way to be sure the resort "sees" your request is to call the front desk directly, and have them note your requests on their system. They said requests don't always make it over to them, calling directly is the only sure way.

poohbearkris
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the pointer. It does seem the last couple of times I have traveled with my mom and requested a first floor room, they never have seemed to have it and we had done both the request when booking as well as faxing a request over. I think I will try to call this time.
Thanks.