DD#1 (Courtney 18)
DD#3 (Emily 5)

"Resort":
Radisson Orlando-Kissimmee
Intercot Sponsor

Travel Dates:
August 9 -15, 2008

True Day One: August 10th, 2008

After a brief nap and showers at the room, we had to decide what to do with the rest of the day. Yes, we had plenty of stuff left to do before Courtney moved in on the 12th, but hey, it's my birthday and I am so close to Disney!

I knew we just had to something Disney, even if we could not go in the parks. I figured a nice tour of the property would have to suffice. Before long we were driving through those gates and that good "we are home" feeling hit us immediately. It was decided we would park our car at Downtown Disney Marketplace and grab the first bus we saw. It was for Old Key West and not surprisingly, we were the only ones on it! We have never checked out OKW before, so we decided to get out and check things out a bit. Many years ago I was told I would never like it, but we all were rather pleasantly surprised. We scoped out Olivia's, the gift shop, and pool areas as well as some of the grounds.

Back to the bus stop we headed, and a Hollywood Studios bus was pulling up, so we hopped right on. I briefly, thought about taking the boat over to the Epcot resort area, but the line was much too long. Instead, we waited for a bus to the TTC. It was a bit of a wait, but we were just having a great time being in Disney. Once at the TTC, we hopped aboard the monorail to Epcot and made the complete loop. I was able to help a few confused guests, who were unsure where the monorail was headed and how and if they could get to MK.

After disembarking the monorail back at TTC, we walked over the Poly, just to see our favorite resort! What a great feeling! Courtney said she could have bought almost the entire Boutiki store!

Next it was back to where our Disney adventure began, DTD. We caught a bus, and found ourselves pretty hungry when we got there, so it was off to another of our favorites, Earl of Sandwich. Ron , Courtney, and Emily had their usuals of the Earl's Club, the All-American, and Cannonballs, I decided to try something new and went with the Tuna Melt, very tasty! With our tummies full, we could now hit some shops. Once Upon a Toy was first, followed by World of Disney. Ron also checked out Team Mickey, looking for a new baseball cap, but didn't find one he liked. After spending quite enough, we needed to head back to the room. I wanted to get up fairly early and make the drive to pay her tuition, and still have the day to get what she needed.

Of course, when we got back, Emily had nothing but visions of the pool. So Courntey and Emily went in, while I watched. Not too long after getting in, Emily wanted to check out the baby pool, so I watched her while Courtney soaked in the hot tub. Emily made 3 friends, and since they were all playing pool basketball together, they became "her team"! They amused each other for quite a while, before I had to be the bad guy and say it was time to go. Once back at the room, everyone watched a bit of the Olympics and promptly passed out!

Bethis26fan
08-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Sounds like a nice day, thanks for sharing.

tinkerbell04
08-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks for sharing, it sounds like it was a great day!

Lizzie
08-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Sounds like a fun day of disney even without going in the parks.

BelleCiavo
08-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a fun tour. Did you get a sleep number bed by the way? How did you like the Radisson in general?

DisneyorBust
08-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Great way to spend the day...when you can't be in the parks!

mouseketeer mom
08-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Great day! Spontaneous and fun!

wdwgrl377
08-24-2008, 07:53 PM
What a great day you had! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Sounds like you had a great day.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-26-2008, 07:49 AM
That was a wonderful day to get a good Disney fix without even getting into a park. Sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing Heather. :mickey:

princessgirls
09-01-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm glad you were able to find some Magic!

Great day!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
09-02-2008, 10:28 AM
what a great day..even if you cant go to the parks..its still jsut great to be on disney property!!! :mickey:

satchel01
09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I love that idea of hopping on the first bus that comes by. What a fun spontaneous way to explore!

iheartmickey
09-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Your day sounds like it was so much fun ... even without actually going into the parks!! I think we'll have to plan a day like that for our next trip.

Thanks for sharing!

faline
09-12-2008, 10:17 PM
You were certainly able to find a bit of the Disney Magic even if you didn't actually set foot inside one of the parks!