PDA

View Full Version : Unusal Characters Spotted!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Well, I was at Epcot working the Liberty Inn on Friday and they had some unusual characters coming out. The Country Bears were there....

Then yesterday I was talking with some CM's on the bus who were telling me that they're friends for the day were Prince John and Marie out in Town Square. I noticed they were CP's and I had asked if they just started, they said no. Even they thought it was odd that they were out because they are usually only training.

Apparently, the parks did a survey and asked what characters people wanted to see more. Maybe they started listening?

Just thought some character fans might have found this interesting.

Minnie Imagineer
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I'd love to see Marie! That is odd for her to be out. I hope they did listen to people's requests. Even though I never requested anything...
:mickey:

joanna71985
08-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Well, I was at Epcot working the Liberty Inn on Friday and they had some unusual characters coming out. The Country Bears were there....

Then yesterday I was talking with some CM's on the bus who were telling me that they're friends for the day were Prince John and Marie out in Town Square. I noticed they were CP's and I had asked if they just started, they said no. Even they thought it was odd that they were out because they are usually only training.

Apparently, the parks did a survey and asked what characters people wanted to see more. Maybe they started listening?

Just thought some character fans might have found this interesting.

The Country Bears in AA is not uncommon. AA is a "special" character spot, like the Teardrop.

As for the Town Square characters, this is because of the Liberty Square Bridge construction.

Character Wizard
08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
I def. want to see Darkwing Duck agian in the future...for some reason I actually feel I just might see him agian ONE day. Maybe if I work there in the future.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, wouldn't mind if the Robin Hood gang(at least Robin and Prince John), the Brers, The Country Bears, Max, and Launchpad stayed around more often agian. Miss those days.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-24-2008, 09:19 PM
The Country Bears in AA is not uncommon. AA is a "special" character spot, like the Teardrop.

As for the Town Square characters, this is because of the Liberty Square Bridge construction.

Yeah but they had said they weren't out for a special reason. It was just where they were scheduled.

*shrugs* Oh well, it was just unusual.

AnnetteFan
08-26-2008, 10:15 AM
I wonder if they were scheduled for those characters or if they were originally spares? I know Marie is a common spare although I'm not sure about Prince John.

Hayden's Dad
08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
I hope they keep them for a little while we haven't met Marie or Friar Tuck yet. Or the Country Bears

AnnetteFan
08-26-2008, 11:07 AM
^The Country Bears are usually at MVMCP if you have any plans for that this year.

You can see them during the Hoedown in Frontier Land and it's not hard to get a quick pic with them but I'm not sure about autographs.

DisneyFreak1313
08-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I REALLY hope Marie sticks around this time...
When I was there in June she was already gone from France and I couldn't find her at Christmas either.......We are heading down in Oct. so hopefully she will still be around!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-26-2008, 01:01 PM
I wonder if they were scheduled for those characters or if they were originally spares? I know Marie is a common spare although I'm not sure about Prince John.

No they said they were scheduled to be them. They were just coming in, they weren't in their basics yet.

joanna71985
08-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah but they had said they weren't out for a special reason. It was just where they were scheduled.

*shrugs* Oh well, it was just unusual.

I think they were scheduled there because of the construction. Usually the Town Square PM characters are Pluto, Chip and Dale.

^The Country Bears are usually at MVMCP if you have any plans for that this year.

You can see them during the Hoedown in Frontier Land and it's not hard to get a quick pic with them but I'm not sure about autographs.

Yeah, they don't do autographs during Hoedown.

Pop Centurion
08-27-2008, 10:46 AM
The Country Bears in AA is not uncommon.I'm sorry to go off topic but I couldn't help but laugh when I first read this thinking of the "other" AA. I can picture Liver Lips McGrowl in a heavy southern drawl saying "Hello, I'm Liver Lips and I'm an alcoholic" :rotfl:

joanna71985
08-27-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry to go off topic but I couldn't help but laugh when I first read this thinking of the "other" AA. I can picture Liver Lips McGrowl in a heavy southern drawl saying "Hello, I'm Liver Lips and I'm an alcoholic" :rotfl:

Ha! That is too funny!:D

Mickey91
08-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Hope we get to see Marie!! :mickey:

azcavalier
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
So, is there a way to find out the schedule of when and where certain characters are coming out? Or do we, as park goers, just have to hope that we run into someone? My three year old DD has a stuffed Marie that she has carried around for two years. The poor thing has been washing over and over, restuffed, sewed up...it just looks pathetic. We even bought her a new identical one, but she wants the old one. Carries it everywhere. We would LOVE to be able to have her take a picture with Marie when we go down in JUST TEN DAYS!!!

joanna71985
09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
So, is there a way to find out the schedule of when and where certain characters are coming out? Or do we, as park goers, just have to hope that we run into someone? My three year old DD has a stuffed Marie that she has carried around for two years. The poor thing has been washing over and over, restuffed, sewed up...it just looks pathetic. We even bought her a new identical one, but she wants the old one. Carries it everywhere. We would LOVE to be able to have her take a picture with Marie when we go down in JUST TEN DAYS!!!

Some characters are listed in the Times Guide, but not all of them. If there is a certain character that you are looking for, you can ask GR or any merchandise area with a phone to call the character hotline, and see if that character is out.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Some characters are listed in the Times Guide, but not all of them. If there is a certain character that you are looking for, you can ask GR or any merchandise area with a phone to call the character hotline, and see if that character is out.

Thanks for the tip. I think I'm going to have to do that on our next trip. There are some characters that we can never seem to find that others have said that they've seen.

NJDad18
09-11-2008, 01:16 PM
We were there from 8/23-9/2 and we saw Marie at MK. We also saw Clarice, who appeared with Chip and Dale in their very early cartoons.

Stormer
09-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Can I ask where you saw Clarice? We saw her once a few years ago, but we were in a rush so we didn't stop for a picture. My boys have never forgiven me!

joanna71985
09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Can I ask where you saw Clarice? We saw her once a few years ago, but we were in a rush so we didn't stop for a picture. My boys have never forgiven me!

She was in Town Square. But I don't think she is out there anymore. This was during the Liberty Square bridge construction.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-13-2008, 11:11 PM
When I saw Clarice, she was out in Town Square by the Emporium side door with Chip and Dale.

She hasn't been spotted lately.