PDA

View Full Version : Which meal to pay OOP?

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-24-2008, 08:49 AM
We are leaving in 9 days...woo hoo single digits.:cloud9:

We are on the free dining and because we wanted to dine in the castle with our princesses we have to pay one meal out of pocket. Which one would be the best choice

Chef Mickey...dinner
Akershus...dinner
1900 Park Fare...dinner
Safari Breakfast...breakfast
Captain Jacks...dinner
Teppan Edo...dinner
Rose n Crown...dinner
O'Hanna...dinner
Coral Reef...dinner
Cinderella Royal Table...lunch

Also how much do you think it would be?

How much would you budget for tips for the 10 days?

There is 4 Adults, 2 Children and a 2yr old.

Thank you! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
08-24-2008, 09:13 AM
I'd choose Donald's Safari Breakfast to pay OOP....with the 5 of us last year we paid about (Breakfastsaurs) around 90ish.....you won't be able to come close to that with the other dinners you've mentioned.....especially with 6....ours was 4 adult and 1 child...tips ????....everyone's different...with 6 it's an automatic 18%, I think......I hope this helps......:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
08-24-2008, 10:02 AM
I would suggest paying OOP for Donald's breakfast. Breakfast tends to be the least expensive meal of the day.

Cheloconnell
08-24-2008, 10:07 AM
The character breakfasts always seem to be the cheapest. On the website allears.net you can view the menus with the prices. I recently figured out what we would all order for our meals and priced it out that way. It can give you a good indication of what things will cost.
:mickey:

MrsAndre
08-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I agree with everyone else - pay for b-fast OOP, it's generally the cheapest buffet.
We're planning to pay for Cape May breakfast OOP. It's the least expensive of our CS meals.
I also second checking allearsnet - they have the most up to date menus that I've found online.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I looked at the prices on the menus under Info Central because we too have a meal we have to pay OOP...I chose breakfast at Kona because breakfast seems to be the cheapest meal.

TheRustyScupper
08-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Pay OOP for the below TS meals, as they are bad investments for DDP . . .

. . . any breakfast
. . . any character meal
. . . any dinner show
. . . most lunches

bkfree
08-24-2008, 12:36 PM
We will be dining at

Boma-Dinner
Kona-Dinner
Chefs de France-Dinner
Tutto Italia-Dinner
CHef Mickeys-Dinner
Crystal Palace-Breakfast
The Wave-Dinner
50's Prime Time- Very late lunch

DDP, so we have 7TS with 8TS ADR's and will pay one OOP.
I have figured that lunch at 50's will be the cheapest to pay.
It will two adults and a 7 and 9 year old kids.
Do I have this figured right????????

Mickey91
08-25-2008, 08:03 PM
I would do the Safari breakfast OOP. It is the least expensive I believe.:mickey: