PDA

View Full Version : October 5th thru 11th?

SAnderson70769
08-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Next family trip is planned for October 5th thru the 11th. Have been to WDW more than 10 times but NEVER at this time of the year. How will the weather and crowds be for this time? Excited about the opportunity to go to MNSCHP - heard it was great! Just hoping this time of year has light crowds and will have cooled off a little. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Gregandmel
08-24-2008, 01:11 AM
I don't know what it will be - but we will be there those EXACT same dates! I've heard varying reports. My friend was there last year around the same time and said it was much more crowded and hot than she had anticipated, but then another friend went there 2 years ago at this time and was pleased that the crowds were very manageable. I don't know how they will compare due to the slumping economy, etc.... but hopefully it will be a GREAT time for both our families.

faline
08-24-2008, 04:55 AM
We were there around that time last year and found the crowds to be quite manageable. Parks weren't empty by any means but lines were never very long. Weather was quite nice.

BugeyedMuggy
08-24-2008, 07:36 AM
The crowds are good. A little more than ussual in World Showcase because of the Food and Wine Fest. The weather is quite warm, High 80's & 90's.

Hayden's Dad
08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
We'll be down there for Hayden't MAW trip that week too. :thumbsup:

Puppy Mom
08-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Can I assume that any comments here also apply to two weeks later?

Darn, I was hoping for no weather in the 90's.

Gregandmel
08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
I think the further you get into October, the nicer the weather is. Early October is "almost" end of September when it's still quite hot. My friends went the 3rd week in October and LOVED it. She absolutely HATES the heat and said the weather was perfect, so I think you'll be fine!

Figment78
08-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Been there during your time frame....

Weather - Beginning of october - HOT, end of October - cooler. Also depends on any tropical storms that might be around.

Crowds - manageable - especially during the week. We practically had the MK to ourselves early one weekday morning. It definitely picks up around Columbus day. Particularly at MK. Food & Wine Festival impacts Epcot a bit, but also feels that way a little due to the extra kiosks and bar tables set up around the world showcase. Overall, nothing like spring break or holiday crowds.

MNSSHP - VERY cool - so surreal to see all these costumed people walking around the Magic Kingdom. Great parade and overall very fun time. We were there last year and even though it rained, we still had a really good time.

ENJOY! And pack a swimsuit & shorts!:cool:

Polynesian Dweller
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Agree with Figment. That was the week we were there last year and its one of our more common times. Crowds really aren't a problem but World Showcase will get busier on Fridays and Saturdays with the Food festival on. But the crowds in the spring and December are much heavier in our experience.

Last year the temperatures were mid to high 80's everyday with only 1 day with heavy, short duration storms. That's been pretty much the same every year for the last 10 or so.