PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mugs?

Mrs Bus Driver
08-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Our first night will be at Pop then we move to CBR. If I buy the mugs at Pop can I use then at CBR?

SAnderson70769
08-24-2008, 01:19 AM
WDW Policy is that the refillable mug is only to be used at the resort from which it was purchased as far as I know. They used to have the resort logo on each mug, but in Feb 2008 they had something about the Year of a Million dreams and looked the same everywhere. However again, they should only be used at the resort where they were purchased.

gerald72
08-24-2008, 01:41 AM
If it's the same mug/ same trip, I don't see why not.

Vito
08-24-2008, 01:57 AM
I'm not sure of exactly what Disney's policy is, but you may be allowed to use the mug for the duration of your "stay" - despite it being split between two resorts.

jonahbear2006
08-24-2008, 02:34 AM
I am not sure I understand why Disney keeps a handle on what resort the mug comes from. Aren't all the resorts owned and operated by the same Disney corporation? If you are going to refill it anyways, then why would it matter what location Disney pays to fill your mug at? It just seems to me that it should be ok, since a coke is a coke is a coke.

faline
08-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Here's (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=136781&highlight=refillable+mugs) another discussion that has an answer to your question.

Goofeygal
08-24-2008, 07:48 AM
The year of a million dream mugs are for the entier stay on any disney property now.

Mrs Bus Driver
08-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks everyone if I understand it, the mugs are good for length of stay at any resort. :mickey:

cmshelton1979
08-26-2008, 01:26 PM
We got our mugs at Wilderness Lodge then stayed our last night at Coronado, the mugs at Coronado were different.

I didnt know we could use our mugs there :(

Vito
08-26-2008, 02:13 PM
We got our mugs at Wilderness Lodge then stayed our last night at Coronado, the mugs at Coronado were different.

I didnt know we could use our mugs there :(I thought I remember reading that the food services at CSR are maintained by a different company than Disney or at least different from the rest of the Disney Resorts. Therefore I think that CSR is the one "exception" to the rule when it comes to the mugs.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I am not sure I understand why Disney keeps a handle on what resort the mug comes from. Aren't all the resorts owned and operated by the same Disney corporation? If you are going to refill it anyways, then why would it matter what location Disney pays to fill your mug at? It just seems to me that it should be ok, since a coke is a coke is a coke.

Even though they are all owned by the same company they are run as separate hotels. They each have their own budgets, goals and profit margins.
Buying a mug at one and refilling it at another resort won't really hit their bottom line that much so I wouldn't worry about it too much.