PDA

View Full Version : Lorraine & Corey + 6 - week 1- Sarasota

Lorraine444
08-23-2008, 10:18 PM
As promised my 1st trip report. Writing is not a favorite of mine so I hope you enjoy.

8/5 - 8/10 - Debbie's house in Sarasota County
8/10 - 8/18 - Debbie's Time Share @ Silver Lake Resort - Kissimee (2 miles from Disney).

Lorraine - myself -43 & DS Corey - 14
Co-worker - Debbie - 50ish
Friend - Sue - 50ish
Sue's son - Mark 14
Mark's friend - Collin 14
Debbie's & Sue's Friend - Linda - 50ish - Florida resident.
Linda's adopted daughter - Taylor 6
Deb & her group had left on the previous Friday.
Part 1 - Debbie's house
8/5 - Worked on Tuesday - Our plane was in flight to Tampa Tuesday @ 8:00p after my son & I had been paged to the gate - Oops! So much for the "A" boarding pass....
Great flight except for the lightening storm! I ended up closing my window, it looked like we were flying into a battle zone with the very bright lightening, yes, I was scared out of my pants! We arrived safely About 11:oopm.
Found the dollar rental car area, and for those of you who read my pre trip I ended up getting a 14 day economy car for $208.00! That made my trip! So we get to the counter & the young gentleman says uh oh, no more economy cars are available. I looked, smiled and said Soooo what will I get then? He says how about a PT Cruiser? Hmmm I pointed to my 14 year old and said I don't think he will want to ride in a grandma & grandpa car - anything else available? He says - how about a 2008 Mustang GT? GREAT! I'll take it! We make it to the garage - Corey sees it and says "I want to drive it mom!!!! He was sooo excited! So I drove off, a little nervous to start, but soon got the hang of it. Off to North Port where the friends were waiting up for us @ 1:00am. We all chatted and passed out @ 3:00am. Well we all know what I did Wednesday, I told everyone to pretend I wasn't here so I could re-energize ALREADY! They all took off the beach, and I got to grocery shopping @ about 6:00pm after sleeping all day.
A nice thing happened @ the grocery store, they brought my groceries to my car & unloaded them for me. Wow! Does this always happen??? I certainly didn't complain, was I suppose to tip? I didn't even think about it, hope not.
The rest of the week was nice, did some shopping a Bealle's - LOVE THIS STORE!
Went to the mall, the movies, and checked out all the gift shops. It was mostly relaxing before the busy week @ Disney.:mickey:
We did have what we were calling a pajama party one night. We were all very silly, and could not get to sleep. When we were done goofing around we would say "Stop bothering me" Then we would say good night & good night to the Walton family as well - Good night John boy, Good night Mary Ellen, good night Elizabeth - yep kids again, and this would start us giggling again. Hmmm I saw 3:00am!
Every morning they would tell me about my story I told @ night - Guess I talk in my sleep!
Debbie has lots of friends in Florida so we had some company for dinner, and she also had all her house stuff to take care of. Every time I turned around the Lawn man was there, the painter was there, and the bug man was there, one morning I awoke & she was out weeding the flowers & making everything look pretty. She gets all this stuff taken care of with her 4trips during the year before she retires there.
How does she do all this?!
Okay well we are off to Kissimee on 8/10 to Silver Lake Resort.
Day 1 next up.
Good night for now.

pdrlkr
08-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

WeLuvBuzz
08-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Sounda like a fun, relaxing trip. We stayed at Silver Lake last summer. Loved it. The back entrance to the resort is about 500 ft from Disney propery. We were on an upper floor towards the back. I could sit on our balcony and see EE, the Dolphin and Swan, watch the fireworks at Epcot, and many other Disney landmarks while having all the amenities of home. Looking forward to more trip reports.

Lizzie
08-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the report. Looks like a relaxing week and congrats on the nice car upgrade.

tinkerbell04
08-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Sounds like a great start to the trip, can't wait to hear more, thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Great report, looking forward to more

wdwgrl377
08-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Great start. Can't wait to read more about it! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-25-2008, 08:20 AM
What a fun week with your friends. Sounds like you were able to rest and prepare yourself for to switch into a higher gear later for the WDW week. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

faline
09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
What a fun time you had with your friends! Did I remember that your son didn't even want to make this trip?

Great surprise on your car upgrade!

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 01:03 AM
nice report- thanks for taking the time to write it

mouseketeer mom
11-06-2008, 08:19 AM
I enjoyed your report. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

January-2007
11-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Excellent report- thanks for sharing- !!
Large crew to say the least :)