PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach in Dec. worth it?

tianna88
08-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Our family ( 2 adults 2 kids 15 and 3) is heading to DW in Dec. (woo hoo! :mickey: )
and I was wondering if it would be worth getting the water parks and more option for Blizzard Beach. Is the weather warm enough? Is there enough to do for a 3 yr old to be there for a few or more hours? We prob won't use the golf option and now that pleasure island is closed I wasn't sure if it would be worth it.
Thanks for your input :thumbsup:

WeLuvBuzz
08-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I would wait and decide when you get there whether or not to add it on. Just watch the weather. Last time we were there at Christmas was 5 years ago. On Monday we went to Discovery Cove and it was sunny and 75 that day. Later in the week it was only in the high sixties. You can get quite a variance in temperatures that time of year, but if the weather is ok I would think you would enjoy yourselves.

Mousemates
08-23-2008, 09:24 PM
We're hopeful it will be worth it...we'll be there the last week of December...last week it was warm enough for half the week.

Pirate Granny
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM
I was there last year from December 26-30...it was HOT...and I mean in the 80's...three years prior (2004)...it was cool in the high 60's low 70's....we did swim in the pool that year, but I wouldn't have gone to the water parks...You just never know what kind of weather you'll get...I actually didn't bring any shorts, which is why I'm sure it was so HOT...
:pirate: