PDA

View Full Version : Pool at POR or POFQ

Tinkpink
08-23-2008, 06:33 PM
We have been told that the pool at POR is great. The pics we have seen online show a draon water slide and a very fun looking pool area. However, I am have been told that is actually POFQ. What is the pool at POR like? If the "Cool pool" is at POFQ but we are staying at POR can we go to POFQ? THanks!

mook3y
08-23-2008, 07:43 PM
We have been told that the pool at POR is great. The pics we have seen online show a draon water slide and a very fun looking pool area. However, I am have been told that is actually POFQ. What is the pool at POR like? If the "Cool pool" is at POFQ but we are staying at POR can we go to POFQ? THanks!

POFQ has the "dragon slide" and it is cool. :) our kids really liked it a lot!

POR has a pool that is more along the line of a swimming hole. it too has a waterslide, but doesn't look as neat.

POFQ and POR are sister resorts meaning you can share ammenities. So you can walk or catch the boat over to POFQ to use the dragon sliden when you are staying at POR.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-23-2008, 08:47 PM
POFQ has the pool with "scales" the dragon slide. DD (10) LOVES Scales, and doesn't want to stay anywhere else. It isn't a huge slide, but fairly quick, and the theming of the pool is just great.

POR is more of an old swimmin' hole, and it also has a slide. It is also lots of fun, there is even a place where you can rent fishing rods and catch fish :thumbsup:

The great thing about POR and POFQ is that you can use either of the main pools, or any of the quiet pools at POR.

Simba'sBud
08-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Both the main pools are great, and each looks completely different. You should make time to try them both and tell us what YOU think when you get back!

Have fun!! :number1:

LudwigVonDrake
08-24-2008, 04:09 PM
The Dragon slide is at the pool at POFQ.

Tippy
08-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Definitely the POFQ is the better resort. The pool did not seem as crowded and the bus to and from the parks pick and drop you off first.

disneyfan328
08-25-2008, 09:03 AM
We stayed at POR and my kids loved the waterslide there - It is NOT the dragon one. That is the one at POFQ. We said many times during our stay that we were going to head over and try it but we never made it. The kids loved the old fishin hole feel to ol man island and we did rent poles for awhile to try and catch some fish. My DD - 7 was the only one to land one. I think it was either a bluegill or a sunfish. It is nice that if you have the time you can try the pools at either resort. I don't know about POFQ but POR also has a hot tub which I thoroughly enjoyed while sipping on a :marg::thumbsup: from the pool bar

yjgirl32
08-25-2008, 09:20 AM
I can't wait to check out both slides. We will be staying at POFQ because Ds picked the dragon. Sadly we will not be making a trip down till Sept. 2009. :(

brownie
08-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Yep it's at French Quarter and you can use it if you are staying at Riverside.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-25-2008, 12:51 PM
It's called Dabloon Lagoon - the main pool at POFQ. And, although this may not make me popular, as nice as it looks, the slide is more style over substance. It's a pretty basic slide, but the theming makes it seem more exciting than it really is.

I prefered the pool are more at POR and at POR there is a nice bar right by the pool. POR also has the secondary quiet pools, which POFQ does not have.

Either way, you'll enjoy both.