PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito Problems??

IamBelle
08-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi, I'm leaving for WDW tonight and was wondering if I should pack bug spray. Is the mosquito problem bad??
Thanks,
IamBelle

threeh
08-23-2008, 12:32 PM
I have a friend who lives in Miami and she called WDW and was told there are NO mosquito problems in wdw. It's true!! There are hardly any. Don't want to know how they do it, but you'll be fine!!:thumbsup:

LauraleeH
08-23-2008, 12:49 PM
If you're planning on being on the ferry at night, or staying at the Wilderness Lodge, I'd pack some just in case ;) We have to bring spray with us in November/December! But it all depends on how much the mosquitos are attracted to you. I could get mosquitos from the next county over to cover me, while my brother doesn't get bit once.

brownie
08-25-2008, 09:37 AM
We have never used bug spray at Disney World. Mosquitoes have never been a problem; they do a really good job with their pest management.

Mousemates
08-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Like all places there are mosquitoes at WDW, however we have never had a real problem with them...other than a random bite here or there.

GrumpyFan
08-25-2008, 05:59 PM
We've never experienced any problems with mosquitoes while at WDW. I've read stories about how they control mosquitoes and other pests and very agressive utilizing a variety of methods both natural and manmade.

Figaro
08-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Believe it or not, there really aren't mosquitos at Disney. I could count on two hands how many bites i got in a year of working outside 9-5 at Disney. They do have the blind mosquitos, which don't bite, but are just annoying. Those are mostly around the Contemporary.

Ropachs
08-26-2008, 10:15 AM
The only time I've encountered bites was sitting on the beach at the CBR at dusk. Bad mix and I should've known better. Never had a problem at the parks though, with any kind of bug.

coolz
08-28-2008, 02:18 AM
I think there's no harm if you'd bring one with you.. It's for your protection and if there will some mosquitoes around.. you don't need to buy one.. hehe

Gottaluvgoof
08-28-2008, 10:26 AM
The only time I have had a problem is leaving Whispering Canyon after dinner, and waiting on the dock for a boat to come. The bugs in general there were horrible, but other than that, we never had a problem.

GrmGrninGost
08-28-2008, 09:22 PM
We've never had any problem with mosquitos while on property at WDW. I'm sure there has been the odd bite or two, but I can't actually remember any! Oh well, I surely don't miss the little buggers!