PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Special Occasions with a Special Cake?

BrerStitch
08-23-2008, 10:56 AM
The DH and I will be in the World in December celebrating our 5th anniversary:cloud9: along with my parents who will be celebrating a second honeymoon.:mickey:

I've read about other people requesting that a special cake be made at one of their dining places. How much does this cost? Who do you contact? Can you have something other than a cake done? The DH isn't a real cake fan.

Also, any other thoughts for celebrating these occasions in December? I've heard about the diver in Coral Reef (we'll be eating there one night) but I didn't know what that cost etc.

Any help to make our time more special is appreciated!!

Daisy'sMom
08-23-2008, 12:01 PM
We had one for a family member's birthday at Shutters. I don't remember how much it was, but it was a nice little Mickey cake with candles. It was a very nice touch. :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-23-2008, 01:45 PM
There are several ways to order cakes for special occasions at WDW. Here on InfoCentral, there's info (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp) for ordering cakes (the particular page referred to here talks about birthday cakes but you can just as easily order an anniversary cake). If you can also order cakes through Disney Florist. If you're dining at a Grand Floridian restaurant, you can order a cake from their bakery (407-824-2474 and they have some spectacular offerings). If you're staying in the Epcot resort area (i.e., the Boardwalk and the Yacht and Beach Clubs), you can walk up to the Boardwalk Bakery and order a cake.

If you're planning on having a special anniversary dinner, ask about ordering a cake when you make your ADR.

As for the CR, there is no added cost for the diver... check out the threads that discussed this recently.

eandrsmom
08-23-2008, 11:47 PM
We celebrated my DD's 7th b-day at 1900 Park Fare in the GF. We ordered a cake through the GF bakery. I have to admit, it was one of the prettiest cakes she's ever had. (Pink with white swirls and a crown on it.) I don't remember the exact cost, but I thought that it was very reasonable, compared to some of the local bakeries around here.

#1donaldfan
08-24-2008, 09:19 AM
We called in advance to th 1900 Park Fare dinner we were having and requested, I think, an eight inch birthday cake......it was around 30ish, and well worth it....I'm not a cake fan either, but this one was over the top AWESOME.....:mickey: