PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian Dining

Tinkpink
08-23-2008, 10:45 AM
I have read before that special meals can be offered for vegetarians in WDW? However,when I spoke to a CM on the phone, I was told that I would have just have to order off the menu (Which is ok if there is an option). However, the ADR's we have seem to have limited or no choices (I think I noticed Akershus had no veg. choices),
Here are our ADR's --- can anyone give some guidance?
WCC, HDD, AKershus, CRT, LTT, Boma, Ohana, Biergarten

THanks in advance!

dmosher
08-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Ok this is only true to a certain degree. There are specific buffet style restaurants that you are pretty much stuck with what is there. However, virtually every standard order from the menu restaurant is flexible in Disney. In fact when you your server greets you, simply explain that you are a vegetarian (or any other dietary restrictions you have) and what are your options. Your server should know what is in each dish, or can find out easily. In many cases I have seen the head chef actually come out and discuss what he could have prepared for you, etc.

When in WDW, never be afraid to ask questions about the food. WDW recognizes that there are people with mild (vegetarian), not so mild (vegan) and extreme (sever food allergies) dining concerns and I have never seen them tell a person NO.
I would advise you to either call the individual restaurant (not dining services) before you leave your home or d day or so before your reservations and ask to speak with the chef. Try to do this during non-peak hours as you stand a better chance of actually talking to them.
Good luck,
:pipes:
D

MadMadamMim
08-24-2008, 08:28 PM
My sister is a strict vegan and no matter what restaurant we ate at all we had to do was talk to the chef that day and they made them most wonderful food in the world made especially for her. There was not one place we ate that would not fully accommodate her. Just make sure you speak up and state your needs.

LauraF
08-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Don't worry about it - usually the servers fall all over themselves to help you enjoy your dinner. But when they say you have to "order off the menu" don't worry - most of the TS restuarants have a veggie option on deck just in case. But you have to ask for it.

Only once was I ever disappointed, and that was because of an uncreative chef who thought that taking out meat and not adjusting the spicing of a dish would make it all better.

As far as your choices: (please note these items may have changed since last I or my family were there)
Akershus - vegetable stuffed pasta
LTT - veggie noodle bowl, plus salads
CRT - one or two pasta dishes
WCC - cheese enchiladas
Boma - don't worry about this one!:D

Ohana and Biergarten are probably not going to work for you. I couldn't eat at Ohana when I went there several years ago, but I've heard that they've got options for vegetarians now.