PDA

View Full Version : PBJ on Plane??

onjbj
08-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Can I bring PBJ on a plane? Southwest specifically- with all the restrictions these days, I'm not sure if PBJ is acceptable!!

E-OR
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I flew to Boston not to long ago and packed a lunch to take. A PB&J along with some chips. I had no problem taking it with me. We will be leaving for WDW in 3 1/2 weeks and plan on doing the same thing again. As long as you don't have liquid in your bag there is not problem getting through security. Even if a meal is served we are not fond of the food offered on airlines and prefer to take something along.

thumperbug
08-22-2008, 07:23 PM
PB & J should be ok, however I was on a SW flight last year and there was a girl with a nut allergy who had to pre-board, and have her seat, table, window etc washed down before she sat to make sure there was no dust from any nuts from the prior flight.

They also made an announcement that there was someone with a nut allergy so they asked all passengers who may have anything containing nuts to keep them comtained and advised that they would not be serving nuts for snacks but anyone who wanted them could get them on the way off the plane. They did provide a substitute snack.

So the general answer is "yes" PB & J should be ok but keep in mind of the above. Ya never know. :blush:

chick20679
08-23-2008, 07:20 AM
In your carry-on bag a PB&J sandwich is totally fine, you just wouldn't be able to bring a jar of PB and a jar of jelly. Those would be considered 'liquid, gel or aerosol'. :mickey:

onjbj
08-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Thank you all, once again, for sharing your knowledge!! We usually fly in the morning, so this is the first time we're needing to pack a lunch for the kids. Didn't think about the nut allergy- thanks for the heads up.

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!