PDA

View Full Version : From the GF to All Star Movies

KAT1811
08-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Well DH watched a Disney documentary and saw the All Stars now it is all he can talk about. We have decided to change our reservations from the GF :tiphat: to the All Star Movies :smickey: . We think the little ones (4 & 2) will go crazy for the larger than life icons. DD #1 (11) will be happy just being in WDW (although she has quite expensive taste and would much prefer to stay in the GF). But the trip is the little ones birthday trip :birthday: (their birthdays are two days apart). I never thought that I would be excited about a switch down but just the thought of the look on the girls faces when they see all the larger than life icons should be priceless :photo: . I just had to share with everyone. I'm even more excited than I was before :yay: ! Crazy :crazy: , I know but after all we do go to WDW for the children and what appeals to them most is what matters most to us! I'm happy just being there with my family! :cloud9:

Itchy
08-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I am sure that you will enjoy the stay.

The last time I was there was in 2005 with my then 10 yr old grand daughter. She did enjoy the Icons but had more fun in the pool.

Just remember that the food court can get really busy and that the busses are shared with the other All Stars Resorts.

I would stay there again no questions asked.

Have a great trip.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow, this is a first most people are excited to upgrade to a deluxe not to values....we stayed in All Star Movies in 2003 and we loved it....have fun

Jasper
08-22-2008, 04:23 PM
It certainly sounds like you have the correct point of view to enjoy the All Stars. What unfortunately happens sometimes is that people go into the All Stars expecting to have the same level of amenities and such as they would have at the Deluxe resorts. It is usually those people who have the worst time staying at a Value resort.

And as for the buses I do have one correction to make from a previous poster. The buses are sometimes shared between the various All Stars. When rider rates are highest the various All Stars have their own buses. When ridership is low they share buses.

Gator
08-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow! I'm the opposite as far as feeling go. I wanted to stay at a Mod or WL, but with no discounts for my week, have to stay at a Value. We're staying at Movies, but I'd be OK if forced to stay at GF.

pamickeys
08-22-2008, 06:42 PM
My DH and I stayed for the first time at a value resort this past May-All Star Music. We have stayed at all ranges and to be honest the only downside for us is having to take the bus. We are spoiled by YC--love walking into and out of international gateway. Having said that we had a blast at Music. Some of the resorts have movies every night play on a large blow up screen. Of the 3 AS's--Music was the only one that had the movie--we sat on lounge chairs, ate food and felt like we were at the drive in. The rooms were fine except my DH didn't get his daily paper but he got over it. The food court was great. We did have to wait a little longer for the buses but we didn't care. It is what you make it. Have fun.