PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast help...

Beckettsmom
08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
:confused:Hi- Can anyone tell me/helpme with a character breakfast.lunch?
We're going for teh 1st time with our 3& 4 year old in Apr 09. I know nothing about them or how to plan them!
Thanks so much!!!!

Strmchsr
08-22-2008, 01:01 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

Look here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/characters/charactermeals.asp) for a complete description of all the character meals and then pick the one(s) with the characters your kids like best - Pooh & Tigger at Crystal Palace, Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's, Little Einsteins at Hollywood and Vine, etc.

As for how to plan them, you schedule them by calling for an ADR as with any other meal. If there are special requirements it will be noted on that page I linked you to.

KAT1811
08-22-2008, 01:46 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!! I think you're going to like it here!!!

For a 3 & 4 year old I would highly suggest either Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom(Pooh and Friends) or Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary Resort (Mickey & Friends). We have three DDs (11, 3 1/2 & 1 1/2) and they love the characters at both. The Crystal Palace is also one of our favorite breakfasts in WDW, the buffet is fabulous. If you choose Crystal Palace try getting an early morning ADR (the restaurants allow you to book dining reservations prior to the official park opening meaning that when the park does open you are already well into the park and ahead of the crowd)!

joanna71985
08-22-2008, 02:35 PM
I think fun ones for those ages are Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. Both are a lot of fun. Another fun one could be Tusker House breakast at AK.

Disney Lynn
08-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Welcome to Intercot! Is this your first trip to WDW or just the first time with your kids?

We love the Crystal Palace- the characters are from the Winnie the Pooh books (great for little ones!) plus the buffet is very good. (OK, I admit that we even go there now that our DD is grown-up!)

One consideration: the Crystal Palace is within the MK, which means that you must use a day on your park pass to get there. Also, some people feel that going there uses up "ride" time. If a very early breakfast time will work for your family, this would not be an issue. Also, with a very early seating time, you will be allowed to enter the MK and walk down Main Street before all the other guest enter- it's thrilling to walk towards the Castle without hords of people around you!

Chef Mickey's would not require you to use a day on your park passes (since it's in a resort).

Dznygrl79
08-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Welcome! I truly lovetaking my Goddaughter-3 to Disneys Hollywood and Vine, the food is good and the characters are great. Not to mention the last time we went at lunch time they had a cm who wallked around at got the kids singing and clapping.
Crystal Palace is good but can be a bit crowded, my 8 year old cousin was overwhelmed by all the people.
Chef Mickeys is great also! Its just so hard to pick. Go with your kids favorites and it will be fine. The food at all of the locations is great.

Bri
08-23-2008, 10:56 AM
we did character breakfasts at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club I believe. we also did one at 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian. For the most part, at the buffet breakfasts it's all the same food like eggs, waffels, fruit, omelets, etc. if i were you, i would chose a place that has your kids' favorite characters.

Bri
08-23-2008, 10:57 AM
also, cape may had chip and dale, goofy, minnie and more characters but i can't remember who. 1900 park fare had mary poppins, pooh, tigger, eeyore, piglet, mad hatter, alice. both were awesome!