PDA

View Full Version : Getting around WDW

tinksmom02
08-22-2008, 11:10 AM
I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in Theme Parks, so mods please move if need be!

Gearing up for our trip--3 weeks from tomorrow! Was just going over our tentative itinerary and had a few questions regarding transportation. We usually have a car, so I want to make sure I have this right:

1. Kids are doing the Pirate Cruise at the Grand Floridian one morning. We're staying at POFQ. They need to be there by 9:15. Should we take a bus to the TTC, and then monorail to GF? Most parks are opening at 9 that day (AK has EMH at 8); will we have a problem getting there? Should be leave by 8am to ensure we're there in time?

2. We are having breakfast at Kona while they're doing Pirate thing. Was told we could walk to Poly from GF. True? Long walk? Our ressies at for 10:10--kids leave dock at 9:30. Did we allow enough time to get to Poly?

3. Same day: Heading to Epcot after we pick up kids. Walk to TTC, then monorail to Epcot (we've never done this), or bus from GF-Epcot?

4. Another day we're doing DHS, then have dinner ressies at CM's. I know that if we're at DHS we can take a bus, but if we don't make the whole day at DHS, what's the best way to get from POFQ to Chef mickey's? How much time should we allow? (MK has EMH that night so I'm not worried about getting back)

I think that's it. Thanks in advance!

brownie
08-22-2008, 11:19 AM
2. I'm not sure about the walk, which wouldn't be far, but you could take the monorail from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian.

3. You could use the monorail to get to Epcot; I think you may have to transfer at the Ticket & Transportation Center.

BMan62
08-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in Theme Parks, so mods please move if need be!

Gearing up for our trip--3 weeks from tomorrow! Was just going over our tentative itinerary and had a few questions regarding transportation. We usually have a car, so I want to make sure I have this right:

1. Kids are doing the Pirate Cruise at the Grand Floridian one morning. We're staying at POFQ. They need to be there by 9:15. Should we take a bus to the TTC, and then monorail to GF? Most parks are opening at 9 that day (AK has EMH at 8); will we have a problem getting there? Should be leave by 8am to ensure we're there in time?

2. We are having breakfast at Kona while they're doing Pirate thing. Was told we could walk to Poly from GF. True? Long walk? Our ressies at for 10:10--kids leave dock at 9:30. Did we allow enough time to get to Poly?

3. Same day: Heading to Epcot after we pick up kids. Walk to TTC, then monorail to Epcot (we've never done this), or bus from GF-Epcot?

4. Another day we're doing DHS, then have dinner ressies at CM's. I know that if we're at DHS we can take a bus, but if we don't make the whole day at DHS, what's the best way to get from POFQ to Chef mickey's? How much time should we allow? (MK has EMH that night so I'm not worried about getting back)

I think that's it. Thanks in advance!

1) I don't believe that the resort buses go to the TTC. The buses DO however run to the parks one hour prior to park opening, so you could take the bus from POFQ to MK and get the Resort Monorail from there.

2) As other poster said, take the monorail from GF to Poly. It shouldn't take long. You should be fine.

3) Monorail from Poly to GF to pick up kids. Monorail from GF to TTC to get Monorail to Epcot.

4) Again, bus from POFQ to MK; Monorail to CR.

Aggie97
08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
1) I don't believe that the resort buses go to the TTC. The buses DO however run to the parks one hour prior to park opening, so you could take the bus from POFQ to MK and get the Resort Monorail from there.

2) As other poster said, take the monorail from GF to Poly. It shouldn't take long. You should be fine.

3) Monorail from Poly to GF to pick up kids. Monorail from GF to TTC to get Monorail to Epcot.

4) Again, bus from POFQ to MK; Monorail to CR.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

2) It is a very nice walk (not long) along the water from the GF to the Polynesian. You should have more than enough time to walk or take the monorail. :mickey:

MuchLovedMama
08-22-2008, 08:04 PM
I sent you a PM that I think will help you.

mouseketeer mom
08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi!
We just got home yesterday and stayed at the Poly. The walk from the dock at the GF to the Poly is 10 mins, 15 mins if you are walking really leisurely. We walked to our Narcooosees dinner, back to the Poly again. We walked to our afternoon tea, and back again. The kids would walk along the beach almost to the GF and we could see them and it was a 5 minute walk. It takes more time to take the monorail from the GF to the Poly because you have to go alllll the waaaay around stopping at MK, CR, TTC all before hitting the Poly.
After you pick up the kids, monorail to the TTC then transfer to the Epcot monorail there. That would be your best bet.
When we travel from resort to resort for dinners or such, we forego Disney transport. It takes way too long, always much longer than expected. A cab would be about 15 dollars from resort to resort. For us its worth it. Resort to resort travel takes alot of time.

Beast_fanatic
08-22-2008, 10:38 PM

Getting there using Disney transportation, I would take a bus the the Magic Kingdom and then the resort monorail to the Grand Floridian, and I would allow at least an hour to get there so I would probably leave at 8am as you've suggested. Taking a taxi over is also a good suggestion.

As stated above, it's an easy walk from the Grand Floridian over to the Polynesian, and you should have plenty of time to enjoy your stroll.

Since you'll be picking the kids up from the Grand Floridian, I'd probably hop on the resort monorail there and take it around to the TTC. It's an easy transfer over to the Epcot monorail there. You could bypass the resort monorail though and walk to the TTC if you preferred.

From POFQ to Chef Mickey's, I'd take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then walk over to the Contemporary from there. I'd allow an hour once again as that's my standard timeframe to go from one resort to another. If you get there early, you can browse the shops at the Contemporary.

tinksmom02
08-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I feel much more confident about using Disney transportation LOL

Everyone's right, a cab would probably be easier BUT there are 7 of us and 1 is an almost 18-month old, and we're not taking a car seat so that won't really work for us.

But thanks again!