PDA

View Full Version : Question about POP and Fay...

IamBelle
08-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I am leaving tomorrow and (hopefully, w/ the weather) landing at 11 pm. If jetblue cancels the flights tomorrow, and we leave sunday instead, will the ME still pick us up? Also, will POP reimburst us for the day we missed?

WishingStar2006
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm sure DME keeps track of flights and will know you flight was cancelled...I would think you would just have to check in at the DME counter when you finally get to the airport.

As far as getting reimbursed for your room....that would only be an option if you purchased vacation insurance, I would think.

MNNHFLTX
08-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I assume that you made it down to Orlando yesterday, as I don't think Fay was causing problems with flights in and out of the area. But for anyone else with a similar question about hurricanes, here is Disney World's official policy:

"From June 1 to November 30, 2008, in the event a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando area or for the guest's place of residence within 7 days before the scheduled arrival date, the guest may call in advance to reschedule or cancel their Walt Disney Travel Co. Magic Your Way vacation package without any cancellation or change fees imposed by Disney. This temporary policy also applies to most Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort room-only reservations booked directly with Disney, as well as reservations at Disney's Vero Beach Resort or Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort in the event a hurricane warning is issued for those destinations."

Note that this applies only to hurricanes, not to tropical storms or other weather conditions that might cause a delay in flights. In that case, Disney does not offer refunds for any cancellations or changes.