PDA

View Full Version : Planning for Tickets

jonahbear2006
08-22-2008, 03:30 AM
We leave in 11 days. WHOOOO HHOOOOO!!! Anyways, to the point.. We have been given 6 complimentary 2 day park hoppers and they say complimentary on them and do not specify age requirement so they are all the same. It was suggested to me, online, that guest relations can probably upgrade these tickets and add more days to them. Is this possible? Any information would be great to know! According to Disney's website, this means for $247 we can get 2 more days in the parks for all 5 of us. This sounds great, if this is even possible. So, please, any information ya'll know! Thanks for your help, in advance!!!

CleveRocks
08-22-2008, 05:41 AM
Tickets that say "complimentary" on them can't be upgraded. Your best bet is to use them for one person and not buy any tickets for that person. I don't know how many park days you are doing ... certainly fewer than 12. Are you perhaps doing 6??? If you plan to do 6 park days, then these passes can totally cover your needs for 2 people. Then just buy passes you'll need for the other 3. Use the free passes for adults first, since buying a child's ticket is cheaper.

Let's say you do need 6 park days. The cost of a 6-day adult park hopper is $275 + tax. If you can use these tickets for 2 adults, you've just saved $585.75!!!

The very very worst way to use them would be to have each person in your party use 2 days' worth of free tickets and then buy 4-day tickets for each of you. DON'T DO THAT!!!

You have a little goldmine here ... if you use it right. But you could waste it if you use it unwisely.

Please, if you don't understand all of this, PLEASE post again ... I'd hate to see you waste what you have, since it seems you have more value there than you think you do.

CleveRocks
08-22-2008, 05:44 AM
I'm concerned that my explanation above might be difficult to understand.

Let's say you will be going into parks for 6 days. One of the adults should use 3 of those 2-day passes ... over the course of the trip, that adult will be able to go to parks for 6 days.

Another adult should use the other three 2-day passes.

This way, you can avoid buying tickets for 2 adults. THAT'S a huge savings.

disneymom15
08-22-2008, 09:32 AM
I think you explained it perfectly. Exactly what I would do.

disneygeek84
08-22-2008, 10:47 AM
That sounds like the best plan to me. Especially if it's just you, your DH (or another adult) and then your kids, then you'd only have to buy tickets for children. Which is so much cheaper than an adult ticket. :mickey:

jonahbear2006
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
We had to buy 1 ticket for everyone at rack rate so we would get free dining, so we have 1 ticket for everyone! We then have these passes, so if 3 of us took 2 each, then my husband, I, and Julie have 5 days in the parks paid for. That leaves Madison and Elijah. So you are saying that I just upgrade the ticket we bought from 1 day non park hoppers, to 5 day park hoppers, for two kids. That is $348 for an extra 2 days in the park than what we have now, so essentially we are getting two extra days in the park for the price of 1 day. I guess that sounds like an ok deal. Is this what you mean to do?

Beast_fanatic
08-22-2008, 10:43 PM
We had to buy 1 ticket for everyone at rack rate so we would get free dining, so we have 1 ticket for everyone! We then have these passes, so if 3 of us took 2 each, then my husband, I, and Julie have 5 days in the parks paid for. That leaves Madison and Elijah. So you are saying that I just upgrade the ticket we bought from 1 day non park hoppers, to 5 day park hoppers, for two kids. That is $348 for an extra 2 days in the park than what we have now, so essentially we are getting two extra days in the park for the price of 1 day. I guess that sounds like an ok deal. Is this what you mean to do?

OK, so you have 3 adults and 2 children going on this trip? And, you are going to the parks for 5 days? How many passes do you have exactly? It would be much easier to help if all the details were available.

jonahbear2006
08-23-2008, 03:56 AM
They gave us 6, 2 day hopper passes, one for each member of our family, however, one of us is almost 2. He will not need a ticket. We bought a ticket on our package, we had to, in order to recieve the free dining plan. We were going to go for 3 days, to the parks and spend 3 days at the resort and seeing other resorts, we just assumed more tickets were too much extra and settled for 3 days. We can't do more than 5 days in the parks, so 7 days is out and since we have an even number of tickets, 6 days doesn't really make sense to do. It seems easier to just do 5 days, that way 3 of us's tickets are covered and we just need to upgrade 2 kids tickets to 5 day hoppers? This is what I figured out. Please let me know if this is not the best way to do it. number of days in the park doesnt really make a diff. but we are staying for 6 nights at the beach club if that helps.

Beast_fanatic
08-23-2008, 01:18 PM
With that explanation, then I think you are right. 5 days in the park upgrading the 2 child's tickets to 5 day passes is going to be the most economical, and give you the most number of days in the park. :thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
08-23-2008, 01:21 PM
awesome! I will call and upgrade my babys' tickets! Thank you so much for explaining this to me. It is nice to have ya'll around!