PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP-Getting nervous

javaqueen11
08-21-2008, 10:41 PM
My family and I will be in WDW 10/22-10/28. :mickey: We've never been during that time before, and weren't really interested in attending any MNSSHP events or anything. Now I'm getting nervous because I read something in a post about missing out on MK evening fireworks if you don't go to the paid events, like you have to leave before the park closes? Is it every night in Oct? How does this typically work? Plus what kind of crowds can we expect? And how does that affect EMH evening hours? I'm sorry if I misunderstood and am posting incorrect info. Now I'm getting really nervous and wondering if it was such a good idea to plan our trip during that time. Ugh. Please fellow knowledgable Intercotees, put my mind at rest!!!!

nyobabe2
08-21-2008, 10:57 PM
We we're there twice during the MNSSHP and it's only on certain nights so if you plan it right, you'll be there on the nights that there are no parties scheduled. I believe theres a way you can find out the nights that it's scheduled right on the disney website too. No worries:thumbsup:

biodtl
08-21-2008, 11:00 PM
It's not every day - here are the dates:

September 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 28,20
October 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 16, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30,31

On those days, non ticket holder have to be out of the park at 7:00 (I think). So you still have time to visit a park that day, or you could visit other parks that day and use the non-party days for MK.

Evening EMHs will fall on non-party days, but the party nights are open late, too.

And fireworks will still occur on other days - just not the Hallowishes version.

That said - the party is a lot of fun and definitely worth the ticket price.

Jarrod
08-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Just be glad you are going at a time that you can attend the MNSSHP, and get tickets. We plan trips specifically to go to the MNSSHP. IMHO it has one of Disney's best parades and fireworks presentations! Of course, without knowing your specific circumstance, I am not sure it will fit into your plans. But, I think many Intercotees will agree that if possible, you should plan to attend the party. It is awsome!

javaqueen11
08-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Thank you all for your prompt and well-informed answers. I knew I could count on Intercot!

joonyer
08-22-2008, 07:22 PM
you should definitely try MNNSHP. The "HalloWishes" fireworks show is the best Disney fireworks show, bar none. That and the ultra fun Halloween parade (gravediggers) are worth the price of admission by themselves). Plus there's very cool colored lighting of the park & castle after dark and lots of Halloween decorations, all the candy (name brand good stuff) you can carry and very short lines, if any at all almost no waiting in lines for attractions. It's a fabulous party. On our last trip we had such a great time we bought tickets to a second party while we were there and went again, and had even more fun the second night. Go and you won't regret it.