PDA

View Full Version : Tea Pots at the UK

Bethis26fan
08-21-2008, 09:02 PM
I was wondering if someone could tell me a little about the Tea Pots they say in the UK. Like are they for looks or can you really use them. Whats the price range on them. Has anyone bought them and what do you think about it. Thanks in advance for the info.

ElenitaB
08-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I seem to remember that they do have tea pots for sale at the UK pavillion but what always caught my eye were the lovely cups/saucers they have. Mind you, this was prior to my becoming "tea obsessed" (as a result of the Grand Floridian's afternoon tea :blush: ) so I found them very expensive. Now I know that these things ARE very expensive. (I've taken to finding patterns I like in person and then buying them on eBay.)

I know it's not what you're asking, but I picked up a very cute Alice in Wonderland tea pot, matching mugs and tea cannisters at the WoD store (and they were all on sale).

Have fun shopping!

Bethis26fan
08-21-2008, 10:19 PM
yea I remember thinking they were high too, but then even just a regular ole tea kettle is kind of high compared to other things. I also with in the last few weeks have started drinking hot tea. I'm acutaly looking foward to looking at the flavors of tea they have.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
I was wondering about tea pots too, my mom collects them and wants to get a Disney themed pot on our trip....what was the price like at DTD?

bmj721
08-25-2008, 11:15 AM
What I have noticed about the teapots in UK is that they are mostly from the UK, which means bone china. So, now we're talking imported and quality items. If you invest in one of these delightful teapots it will not only be special, because it came from WDW, but also because it is a true quality item from the British Isles. I, too, am a teapot collector and tea drinker, so I am always on the lookout for something interesting or unique to purchase. The shop is one of my very favorite to spend more time in than I should. I'll be there in early December this year, much to my DH's dismay. Good-luck.
:mickey:

thumperbug
08-31-2008, 06:36 PM
My DH and I did afternoon tea on our Honeymoon at WDW in 2000 and ended up buying a lovely teapot at the UK. I honestly can't remember how much it cost but when we don't use it, it is on display.

Insanity Clause
08-31-2008, 09:15 PM
I bought a teapot from UK when we went in 2001 as a gift from my mother for watching my girls when we went. They were too young in my opinion to really enoy it at the time. They were 3 and 18 months. But I digress, I love the teapots but they are a bit pricey but they are authentic and beautiful. Every winter my mother brings it out and makes tea with it. I would recommend it. In fact when we go back in April I am going to see if I can find matching cups and saucers. Mom will be watching the younger two this time...Ages 4 and 22 months.

Marilyn Michetti
09-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Aren't they beautiful? The Tea Caddy also has a free tea making demo most afternoons. Evidently, there's lots to know about having a "spot of tea". The class is free, but you do need to sign up for it. The tea selection is amazing, and what a neat gift idea. (We're always there in Dec., so Christmas is on our minds).;)

Pssssst, we need a "pinky in the air" icon.

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Ha Ha. I laughed at the thought of the "pinky in the air"