PDA

View Full Version : Sooooooooo sloooooow!

tpljmom
08-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi- I am new to the Intercot.com site and I have been enjoying the info and suggestions that are posted. However, could you PLEASE explain why this is the only site I go on where going from one heading to another is excruciatingly slow!!! I feel like I'm back on our Commodore 64. As I said, there are no other sites that take soooooo loooooong! Sorry to complain.

John
08-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Comes up just fine here... occasionally in the afternoons the boards get a tiny bit slow (other parts of the site are not effected).

This is to be rememdied soon.

Our new server is actually online (as of today) and is in the testing phase. We're probably about 20-30 days away from moving ICOT.

That server (bought with the help of our members) is a Dual XEON Quad Core 2.0ghz processor system with 16GB of RAM.

Current system is a dual processor p3 833 with about 1.5GB of RAM.

In laymans talk, that's like going from a tricycle to the space shuttle.

disneydeb
08-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Comes up just fine here... occasionally in the afternoons the boards get a tiny bit slow (other parts of the site are not effected).

This is to be rememdied soon.

Our new server is actually online (as of today) and is in the testing phase. We're probably about 20-30 days away from moving ICOT.

That server (bought with the help of our members) is a Dual XEON Quad Core 2.0ghz processor system with 16GB of RAM.

Current system is a dual processor p3 833 with about 1.5GB of RAM.

In laymans talk, that's like going from a tricycle to the space shuttle.

John, you are scaring me! Will we need lessons?:D:thumbsup:

Ed
08-21-2008, 07:26 PM
John, you are scaring me! Will we need lessons?:D:thumbsup:

No. Just helmets, ankle protectors, and heavy duty flux capacitors.

Oh...almost forgot...also need cotton candy. Pink. The blue stuff won't work. :nono:

MinnieMommie
08-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the upgrade John but imho Intercot is the best of it's kind! :thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
08-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Can't wait for all the 'new stuff' to get up-n-running. My 'Live Discussion' part still doesn't load automatically.

But, I've never had the site itself be slow for me. (fingers crossed)

Love this site!

Natazu
08-22-2008, 02:45 AM

[drools] wow. That'll play some Minesweeper.

disneydeb
08-22-2008, 06:49 AM
No. Just helmets, ankle protectors, and heavy duty flux capacitors.

Oh...almost forgot...also need cotton candy. Pink. The blue stuff won't work. :nono:

Yeah, I miss Jimmy C too.;)

Flower
08-22-2008, 08:14 AM
:wave: Welcome to Intercot!!!

Mine comes up fine! Glad to hear the new server will be here soon!

Yeah, I miss Jimmy C too.;)

What happened to him?

Ed
08-22-2008, 10:49 AM
What happened to him?

Last we heard, he had been captured by a rabid marmoset, miniaturized, sprayed with glossy paint, dressed in lederhosen, and was playing accordian in...... :thedolls: that ride :thedolls:.....

JPL
08-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Last we heard, he had been captured by a rabid marmoset, miniaturized, sprayed with glossy paint, dressed in lederhosen, and was playing accordian in...... :thedolls: that ride :thedolls:.....

Or he could be just try Pull the door open instead of pushing it open he gets a little :confused: sometimes.

disneydeb
08-23-2008, 09:20 AM
....as do we all. :D :laughing: