PDA

View Full Version : Why gratuity at CSR?

ariel326
08-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Why is CSR the only resort in WDW that adds tips to your counter service dining?

Flower
08-21-2008, 07:24 PM
The Pepper market Grill is considered counter service, BUT:

You have a server who comes to your table and gets your drinks, condiments, etc.

You get your meals made to order and can eat them while they are hot, you do not have to stand in line to pay for your food while it gets cold

Your meal is served on real plates (restaurant china), with real cutlery (stainless steel) and cloth serviettes - no paper, no plastic!

I find that for the quality of food and the little perks Pepper Market offers is the best counter service of all of the moderates.

kakn7294
08-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Actually, the real reason is that Pepper Market is not Disney-owned. It's leased and run by another company. Pepper Market is not run like any other Disney food court - you basically run a tab (on each visit) and pay when you leave the food court area. I heard somewhere that if you get your food to go, you do not pay the 10% gratuity although we didn't try this last week.

Flower
08-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Actually, the real reason is that Pepper Market is not Disney-owned. It's leased and run by another company. Pepper Market is not run like any other Disney food court - you basically run a tab (on each visit) and pay when you leave the food court area. I heard somewhere that if you get your food to go, you do not pay the 10% gratuity although we didn't try this last week.

I have never heard that it was not Disney owned before!

That is correct, if you get your food to go you do not pay the gratuity - it is only charged if you dine inside the restaurant. A nice place to eat is just outside the building, there are tables overlooking Lago Dorado - very peaceful & pretty.

ariel326
08-21-2008, 11:48 PM
question answered....thank you

Mousemates
08-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Good question, good info for us since we will be staying at CSR for the first time in late december.

Jeff G
08-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I was looking at the menu the other night and the selection is great. Is it true that each meal at the Pepper Market only counts as a CS credit on the dining plan?

We were thinking of stopping here for a meal and to check out the resort.

Flower
08-22-2008, 02:43 PM
I was looking at the menu the other night and the selection is great. Is it true that each meal at the Pepper Market only counts as a CS credit on the dining plan?

We were thinking of stopping here for a meal and to check out the resort.

Enjoy it - it is one of our favourite resorts, and one of our favourite restaurants! We go out of our way to eat there each trip! I have even awakened before DH and drove to CSR to get us omlettes in the morning!

TheRustyScupper
08-23-2008, 11:15 AM
I have never heard that it was not Disney owned before!

1) You would be surprised at how many outlets in WDW are not Disney-owned.
2) Examples of some of the contracted locations
. . . counter service & table service restaurants
. . . snack stands
. . . retail locations (in and out of the parks)
. . . kiosks
. . . artists (drawing/sketches/caricatures)
. . . hair braiding
. . . sleigh/carriage rides
. . . valet car parking
. . . luggage service
. . . maid service
3) They may wear WDW name tags, but not everyone is an employee.

KAT1811
08-24-2008, 03:52 PM
The Pepper market Grill is considered counter service, BUT:

You have a server who comes to your table and gets your drinks, condiments, etc.

You get your meals made to order and can eat them while they are hot, you do not have to stand in line to pay for your food while it gets cold

Your meal is served on real plates (restaurant china), with real cutlery (stainless steel) and cloth serviettes - no paper, no plastic!

I find that for the quality of food and the little perks Pepper Market offers is the best counter service of all of the moderates.

We also love the CSR Pepper Market. I will really miss my breakfast burrito on our next trip. For us it does not even begin to compare to the other moderate food courts.

I heard somewhere that if you get your food to go, you do not pay the 10% gratuity although we didn't try this last week.

True, no gratuity if you take your food to go. Plus the view outside by Lago Dorado is fabulous! Make sure you try the sangria it's fabulous!!!