PDA

View Full Version : Trip Trouble

Going2HeavenRU
08-21-2008, 04:45 PM
We planned our first anniversary trip through AAA. This is the first time I have used AAA and now I am questioning this.
First, the hotel voucher was not sent in our package and our flight information has changed due to Delta (no need to say more I'm sure), and our magical express pass has the wrong flight information too.
I called Disney's reservation line and the very nice person said she couldn't help me very my reservations because it was done by AAA.
My question is, if I have my confirmation number from AAA and the voucher is not received before I leave, will Disney still honor our reservations? This is a big trip for us and I would hate to go all the way to Disney and find we don't have a room.

Tink1
08-21-2008, 05:24 PM
You will be OK without the hotel voucher. I have often left the entire PACKET home!

DME will be OK as well. When you get there, you get there. They will check your return flight info and make any necessary changes at the desk when you check -in and they then assign you to a bus.

Have a good trip

Nanc

dismommy
08-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't know anything about the hotel voucher, but I do know about DME. I called disney about something else the other day and they asked about my flight info, I told them I was reluctant to give it to them at this point (80 days and counting) because our flight has been changed by continental 3 times. The CM said no problem give me what you have and call with and changes and even if it changes after your 45 day mark just go tot he counter with your paper work and they will take you to your resort no mater when you arrive. (I assume that means during operating hours). Good luck I hope all works out and that you have a magical vacation.:mickey:

CleveRocks
08-21-2008, 06:39 PM
We planned our first anniversary trip through AAA. This is the first time I have used AAA and now I am questioning this.
First, the hotel voucher was not sent in our package and our flight information has changed due to Delta (no need to say more I'm sure), and our magical express pass has the wrong flight information too.
I called Disney's reservation line and the very nice person said she couldn't help me very my reservations because it was done by AAA.
My question is, if I have my confirmation number from AAA and the voucher is not received before I leave, will Disney still honor our reservations? This is a big trip for us and I would hate to go all the way to Disney and find we don't have a room.

I agre with Tink1 ... you have absolutely nothing to worry about. That feels good to tell someone, and I hope it feels good to hear it!:thumbsup:

I don't ever recall receiving a hotel voucher. I've received a printed itinerary, but never a voucher. A voucher is like a coupon you need to exchange for something. I've never heard of any such thing for a WDW resort. The itinerary most people receive is really just for the guest's information only ... there is never any requirement that you bring it with you and hand it over to the front desk.

You have nothing to worry about with Disney's Magical Express due to flight changes. As ling as you are arriving on the same day as before, then you're fine. They are not waiting for YOU specifically to arrive at a specific time. They take reservations so that they know about how many people are arriving when and then where they are going. As long as you have a reservation, you're guaranteed a ride AND the free luggage transfer. Don't worry about any flight information that appears on your DME luggage tags.

Your AAA confirmation number will be useless at the front desk at a WDW resort ... it's a number that AAA assigns to your trip, but it's between AAA and you, so Disney would have no idea what that number means.

When you book a trip with a travel agent, that agency owns your reservation, which means that you have no rights to modify the reservation, since it belongs to the travel agency and not to you.

If you have any questions, you should address them to your travel agent ... that's what you pay a travel agent for.:D

CleveRocks
08-21-2008, 06:46 PM
If you already have a DME reservation, then the only time you ever need to update DME is if your flight NUMBER changes, or if you are flying on a different day.

DME is hooked into the airlines' and airport's computer systems. If a flight changes times (but keeps the same flight number), DME automatically knows about it ... their database is automatically updated. So like I said, if it's ONLY a change in TIME, then they already know about it.

From a practical standpoint, the only reason you should even care if they have your correct flight number is if you are arriving n a very late flight or your flight is badly delayed. DME is a 24-hour operation if it needs to be. Technically, they close up shop at 11:00 p.m., but they don't close if they have guests with reservations who arrive past 11:00 p.m. If your flight is scheduled to land at 12:45 a.m., they'll be there for you. If your flight is scheduled to land at 7:00 p.m. but is delayed 8 hours and you'll really land at MCO around 3:00 a.m., DME will still be there for you ... their computer will know that your flight was delayed, and as long as you have DME reservations they will take good care of you.

kakn7294
08-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Unless the system has changed since Dec 2006, Disney should still be able to tell you if you have a reservation. In the past when I have used AAA (and also had problems), I have called them and while they couldn't actually access the reservation to modify or cancel it, they could see that it existed in their system.

TheRustyScupper
08-22-2008, 09:27 AM
1) Don't worry about the voucher.
2) Little known fact is that they are not usually collected. *

* There are some vouchers which are required for WDW to collect from the travel agency, but very few. AAA vouchers are not necessary.

Nurse Kim
08-22-2008, 09:53 PM
We booked our trip with Debbie at MJ but just out of curiosity I called AAA for a quote. First they tried to tell me they couldn't even put all of us in one room at POR which I knew was not true since we already have a reservation there with MJ. Then she tried to tell me that AAA comes with all these things that the other package with MJ don't which again wasn't true. They could only save me $100 and Debbie has been worth way more that. I won't ever book with them because of our agent around here.

Going2HeavenRU
08-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Thank you all for putting my mind at ease! I just want to make sure this is as stress free a vacation as possible.