PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Miley Cyrus Sweet 16, Oct 5th, Disneyland.

Finiamh
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
This doesn't explain what is going on at DW though.

[ET breaks the news that Miley Cyrus will celebrate her Sweet 16 birthday during a once-in-a-lifetime bash at the Happiest Place on Earth -- Disneyland!

The "Hannah Montana" star is also sharing the spotlight during the private party with some deserving young people from Youth Service America who've been making a difference in their communities.

And ET has learned that Miley's fans are going to be able to join in the fun too! A limited number of $250 tickets to the exclusive event, "Miley's Sweet 16 -- Share the Celebration," go on sale on August 30 at 9am PDT.

Watch ET tonight to hear what Miley has planned for the big celebration on Oct. 5!

Melanie
08-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Official Press Release:

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: HANNAH MONTANA'S MILEY CYRUS TO CELEBRATE ‘SWEET 16’ BIRTHDAY AND HONOR YOUTH VOLUNTEERS AT DISNEYLAND BASH

ANAHEIM, Calif. (August 21, 2008) – When the world’s most popular teenager turns “Sweet 16,” it’s cause to celebrate. And when that teen is Miley Cyrus – star of Disney’s “Hannah Montana” – there’s no better place to celebrate than at a Disney Park.

To honor the occasion and Miley’s philanthropic passion, Disneyland Resort in California has created “Miley’s Sweet 16 – Share The Celebration,” an unforgettable event for Miley and her fans that also will serve to recognize Youth Service America and help drive awareness of the need for youth volunteerism.

The Hollywood-style bash is planned for Sunday, Oct. 5, from 6 to 11 p.m., with ticket sales limited to 5,000 fans.

Tickets, priced at $250, go on sale at 9 a.m. PDT, Saturday, Aug. 30, at www.disneyparks.com/miley.

For Miley, the birthday bash is a once-in-a-lifetime event and she plans to make new Disney theme park memories during the evening. “I only turn 16 once, so it’s going to be an awesome party with my favorite rides, hanging out with friends, fireworks and more,” she said. “I’ll even get to sing a couple songs.”

The evening will celebrate Miley’s career as a Hollywood Records solo musical artist and as the “secret pop star” she portrays on the wildly popular Disney Channel series, “Hannah Montana.”

Miley’s Sweet 16 at Disneyland will feature a medley of party elements, large and small, that will allow guests to join in the celebration of Miley’s magical milestone. Special Party Zones will highlight the music and fun of Miley and Hannah Montana with themed activities and entertainment. Some of Miley’s favorite attractions will be open in each Party Zone, and the party will end with a bang as fireworks fill the Disneyland sky.

Sharing the Celebration with Youth Service America

In addition to all the birthday fun, Miley’s Sweet 16 will shine a spotlight on Youth Service America, an organization that seeks to improve communities by increasing the number and diversity of young people, ages 5 to 25, serving as volunteers. (For more information, visit www.YSA.org.)

In keeping with Miley’s passion for youth volunteerism, Disney Parks will make a significant contribution to Youth Service America.

With the organization’s involvement in “Miley’s Sweet 16 – Share The Celebration,” Miley said she hopes that other young Americans will be encouraged to volunteer in their own hometowns.

“The best part of the party is we’re going to recognize some really cool kids from Youth Service America who are giving back to their community,” she said. “That’s so awesome because I think it’s really important for kids like us to volunteer.”

For More Party Information

For ongoing information about “Miley’s Sweet 16 - Share The Celebration” party at Disneyland Park in California, as well as details on how to obtain tickets, fans may go to www.disneyparks.com/miley for details.

Minnie Imagineer
08-21-2008, 09:39 PM
On Oct 5th, 2008, Miley Cyrus will be having her sweet 16 at Disneyland.
Tickets are on sale Aug 30th at noon and sold online.
Only the 1st 5000 people (fans) are allowed in the park

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/minisites/mileyCyrusSweet16Birthday/index

...my mom already told me I couldn't go!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-21-2008, 09:49 PM
It also costs $250 per person.

Imagine how much money Disney is making on that. The cost of renting out the park plus the tickets from the guests? Wow....

CaptSmee
08-21-2008, 10:38 PM
It also costs $250 per person.

Imagine how much money Disney is making on that. The cost of renting out the park plus the tickets from the guests? Wow....

I'm sure Miley got a deal for having the park to herself with all the millions she has made for Disney...

Mousemates
08-21-2008, 10:49 PM
I wonder what she'll wear to the party...bet the disney handlers will encourage a conservative look with no possibility of wardrobe malfuncton.

ariel326
08-22-2008, 08:34 AM
5000 tickets X $250 = $1,250,000
I'm not a Miley fan, can't stand her and wouldn't go if it was free. :ack: And she's probally not renting the park, Disney's probally paying her to be there.

Imagineer1981
08-22-2008, 10:41 AM
booooooooo!!!!!

danicafan
08-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Heard on the radio in Kansas City this morning that Miley Cyrus is celebrating her Sweet 16 Birthday with a Party at WDW on October 3rd and for $250 you can join her. No clue if it is true or not, but that is what we heard this morning on our way into work.

Carol
08-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Looks like I'll be bailing Disneyland after the last Billy show on the 5th. :bolt:

Carol
08-22-2008, 11:11 AM
The cost of renting out the park plus the tickets from the guests? It states in the press release that "Disneyland Resort has created “Miley’s Sweet 16 – Share The Celebration,”. Who would be paying a rental fee?? :scratch:

Finiamh
08-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Yea, I don't see Miley having to rent, beg, or borrow anything from Disney. The Miley camp said jump, Disney said how high.

DizneyFreak2002
08-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Magic Kingdom in WDW is closing at 3:00PM on October 3rd.. Rumor was it was for Miley, but with the Disneyland annoucement, guess that is out the window...

ChipnDaleGal
08-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Looks like I'll be bailing Disneyland after the last Billy show on the 5th. :bolt:

She best not be messing with any of our Billy Shows that day! :boxing:

tinkwest
08-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the warning! I will definitely steer clear of the parks on those days!!

**NOTE** For anyone who had planned a trip for that day, see the updated hours on October 5th (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=137135).

NotaGeek
08-22-2008, 01:46 PM
:ack:

Just think ... all the good work that $250 per person x 5000 people could do -- besides partying with Miley at Disneyland. This is such a joke, and how in the WORLD is this a good example for volunteerism? :nono:

dnickels
08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
:ack:
Just think ... all the good work that $250 per person x 5000 people could do -- besides partying with Miley at Disneyland. This is such a joke, and how in the WORLD is this a good example for volunteerism? :nono:

That's a pretty big jump. By that same token how much good would all the money we spend at Disney do if WE used it for other purposes? A single day in the park could probably feed an entire family for a year in some countries. I'm not going to stop spending money at Disney and I doubt you (or any of us for that matter -it's a Disney board after all) will either.

Back to the topic at hand, the Disney / Miley partnership has made both of them a lot of money. Good for her and good for Disney, I've got no problem with them celebrating that and I'd happily raise a :beer: for any and all success you have as well.

Jasper
08-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Anyone want to take bets on how quickly the tickets will sell out? I would imagine that it will be a matter of a few minutes at the most.

Also, the press release said that Disney would make a " significant contribution to Youth Service America." It will be interesting to see if it is any more than the million that they will make off of the $250.00 admission tickets. So in the end who is really make the donation to Youth Service America?

BrerGnat
08-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Ugh, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely STEER CLEAR of DLR on that day.

We accidentally were at the park the day "Hannah Montana" was filming her stage performance for the Christmas Parade airing last year, and it was a madhouse on Main Street. Never again. :sick:

Ed
08-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Magic Kingdom in WDW is closing at 3:00PM on October 3rd.. Rumor was it was for Miley, but with the Disneyland annoucement, guess that is out the window...

Don't bet on it. :nono:

Stay tuned...... ;)

LauraleeH
08-22-2008, 07:19 PM
My question is...how do I convince Disney to let me have the Magic Kingdom for my 21st birthday and sell a limited amount of tickets for my guests to celebrate with me? :cool:

:sick::ack::blush:

I take the Ferry
09-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Magic Kingdom in WDW is closing at 3:00PM on October 3rd.. Rumor was it was for Miley, but with the Disneyland annoucement, guess that is out the window...We talked with a friend who is a cast member, he said:

Miley was planning on having her party at WDW, and she requested the holiday lights on the castle. Then she changed her mind... she's going to be at DL now. But, WDW had already started getting the lights up, so they decided to go ahead and finish the job. That's why most of the lights are already on the castle, with 2 months to go until the first MVMCP.

I don't usually trust much "rumor" info that comes from a cast member. But this would explain the lights. Anyone remember when they started going up last year?

And if this is true, sounds like Miley has Mickey wrapped around her little finger. But we probably already knew that.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

NotaGeek
09-02-2008, 10:36 PM
That's a pretty big jump. By that same token how much good would all the money we spend at Disney do if WE used it for other purposes? A single day in the park could probably feed an entire family for a year in some countries. I'm not going to stop spending money at Disney and I doubt you (or any of us for that matter -it's a Disney board after all) will either.

Back to the topic at hand, the Disney / Miley partnership has made both of them a lot of money. Good for her and good for Disney, I've got no problem with them celebrating that and I'd happily raise a :beer: for any and all success you have as well.

I don't recall saying you or anyone should stop spending money at Disney. My point was, how is this an example of a night paying honor to Volunteerism? You took my post completely out of context ...

My question is...how do I convince Disney to let me have the Magic Kingdom for my 21st birthday and sell a limited amount of tickets for my guests to celebrate with me? :cool:

:sick::ack::blush:
I bet if you were a driving force for The Disney Channel and were on a show that made billions and billions of dollars for The Disney Company, regardless of how your image might have been questionable Disney would jump at the chance to give you a whole park to celebrate your birthday ... it worked for Miley.

LauraleeH
09-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I bet if you were a driving force for The Disney Channel and were on a show that made billions and billions of dollars for The Disney Company, regardless of how your image might have been questionable Disney would jump at the chance to give you a whole park to celebrate your birthday ... it worked for Miley.
That might work...sign me up!!! ;)

em-n-mia's-mommy
09-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I personally do not agree with this. I hate special celebrity treatment. Always have and always will. I feel sorry for the people planning to be in DL at that time. Especially if they already had all of their plans in place. I also find it unfair to charge $250 for an event. Talk about going away from the original concept here.

AnnetteFan
09-05-2008, 06:32 PM
^I wouldn't say they're giving Miley special treatment, it more seems like they're using her to make money. It isn't like they're closing the entire park for her and her friends, they're charging for tickets. Sounds more like she'll be in work mode than party mode.

Carol
09-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I feel sorry for the people planning to be in DL at that time. Especially if they already had all of their plans in place.I'm one of them and not thrilled the park went from being open until Midnight -- to closing at 5PM. :rolleyes:

Ian
09-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm one of them and not thrilled the park went from being open until Midnight -- to closing at 5PM. :rolleyes:Ummm, yeah! I would be, too!

That's 7 hours of prime (and much needed) park time you're losing out on.

I'd be perturbed to say the least.

wilshade
09-06-2008, 02:57 AM
I wonder if the Disney powers that be are gonna video tape some of that party for promotional purposes. Kind of a waste of effort if they dont.

jpH/keD
09-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Those prices are ridiculous! I wonder who dictates that. Whether it is Disney or the Cyrus camp? Regular little girls will not be able to go.
It was the same thing with her movie/concert thing. WAY over priced for us normal fans who don't make a million dollars a month! SHAME on Disney and Miley! Maybe it will rain!

tinkwest
09-06-2008, 10:55 AM
... Maybe it will rain!

More likely than that is the possibility that it will be hot fire weather with strong Santa Ana winds.

tinklover
09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
We talked with a friend who is a cast member, he said:

Miley was planning on having her party at WDW, and she requested the holiday lights on the castle. Then she changed her mind... she's going to be at DL now. But, WDW had already started getting the lights up, so they decided to go ahead and finish the job. That's why most of the lights are already on the castle, with 2 months to go until the first MVMCP.

I don't usually trust much "rumor" info that comes from a cast member. But this would explain the lights. Anyone remember when they started going up last year?

And if this is true, sounds like Miley has Mickey wrapped around her little finger. But we probably already knew that.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

I heard that they started to put the lights up early because they already had a crane on site and used it while it was there instead of paying to have another come out ? again it could be true and it could not be true.

SBETigg
09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't believe it was ever actually planned for Walt Disney World. They have pretty strict policies against this sort of thing there, as far as I've heard. The castle lights went up in September/October last year, too.

Disneyland is a different story. They have occasionally closed down lands for celebrity parties. Liz Taylor, Michael Jackson, and more recently Lindsay Lohan have all celebrated birthdays there and had the park, or parts of it, closed to general public. This is nothing new for Disneyland. It would have been shockingly out of character (no pun intended:mickey:) for Disney World.

Kennywife
09-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Thank goodness I'm going home that day! (Oct. 5th!)

Anna ;)