PDA

View Full Version : Internet at Poly

jokat
08-21-2008, 02:44 PM
My wife and I would like to be able to check our email while at the Poly. (work always creeps into vacation) Does anyone know how much internet access costs at the Poly? We would be using our laptop, so would we need to bring a cord of some kind?(We have not used the laptop for internet)

Thank you!

Polynesian Dweller
08-21-2008, 03:36 PM
The for a 24 hour period is $9.95. They have Lan cables in a bag in the closet. You only pay for that if you take it with you. Use it and leave it there is no cost, so no, you don't have to bring any cables. I use my laptop there every trip.

jokat
08-21-2008, 09:22 PM
So, could we just request use for one or maybe two single days during our stay to keep the cost down?

Polynesian Dweller
08-21-2008, 10:06 PM
So, could we just request use for one or maybe two single days during our stay to keep the cost down?
The way it works is, you hook up your laptop, turn it on and start your browser. You will then be asked to confirm that you want to use the internet and are informed of the charge for 24 hours. When you confirm that you are using the internet you will be connected and the charge goes on your room bill. At the end of the 24 hour period you have to confirm again that you want to use it. If you do, then another 24 hour charge goes on your bill. If not then no charge on your bill.

The way I use it, is I usually use it three times max in a week. So I'll sign up on Sunday night (say 10pm) and that gives me through to Monday at 10pm. I then do not sign up again at that time.

But Tuesday night (at about 10pm) I'll sign up again and get 24 hours until Wed 10pm. Then I don't sign uip Wed night. On Thursday I again sign up at around 10pm getting internet until Friday at 10pm. I don't sign up again during my stay but since I'm leaving on the Saturday I have gotten internet Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings for the cost of 3 24 hour periods. Its all about timing.