PDA

View Full Version : Juice Boxes in Luggage?

onjbj
08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey there-
If I pack juice boxes in my luggage, will they explode? I'd put them in a tupperware container to prevent them from getting smooshed, but will the air pressure cause them to burst? Thanks!!

nyobabe2
08-21-2008, 02:57 PM
I don't know what exactly happened to I think about 1 or 2 of the juice boxes that I packed but when I opened the luggage that I had all the snacks and juice in, it was wet. This last time that I went, we shipped down a box with all of the snacks and water/juiceboxes and everything arrived in tact. We did pack a box of RED wine in a big ziplock bag in our luggage and that was fine.
I doubt they will burst but you may loose a couple in the process from them tossing your bags around at the airport. Definetly put them in ziplocks or storage containers if you can fit it. Otherwise, load a box with snacks, drinks etc and spend the $25 to UPS it down there!! You'll be glad you did!!!

Disney Doll
08-21-2008, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't chance it. The extra weight will probably add up fast when packing liquids so I would just ship them separately or order grocery delivery.

pink
08-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Eh, I would have to say don't do it. Can you imagine opening your luggage to find juice spilled out of the container and all over your clothes? I would just go by them when I got there or have them delivered.

RPHX2NC
08-22-2008, 09:16 AM
You'll be fine to pack juice boxes. You may want to consider a separate suitcase for snacks. I buy those huge ziploc sports size bags and place the items inside the bag in the suit case or a shipped box.

If you are flying a less expensive option is to ship the package ground to you c/o the resort, works great.

disneyfan328
08-22-2008, 10:39 AM
we did a small hardsided suitcase for snacks and capri suns. we left them in the original boxes ( as they are pretty thick cardboard) and they were fine. We also wrapped them in a garbage bag just in case but no issues with them at all - My oldest DD hairspray though that was another issue. it was punchtured even through the zip lock bag it was in and we had to wash most of her clothes at the resort. no fun on vacation!!

thumperbug
08-22-2008, 11:41 AM
we usually pack some juice boxes and milk boxes. I put them in ziplocks and then in a thin almost flat shipping box and then stick it in my suitcase in between layers of clothes. I also put in there cereal bars and poptarts. The card board box protects them and it doesn't use much space.

onjbj
08-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the input. I'm going to roll the dice- pack everything really well, and hope for the best!! I'll let you know how it goes!!

Wells
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
The luggage compartments on airplanes are pressurized so juice boxes bursting due to air pressure is not what you should be worried about.....it's the gorillas that are handling your baggage that are the real problem.....I have had to discard two suitcases in as many flights lately due to damage obviously caused by mis-handling...
This was old luggage which I was going to replace anyway so I didn't bother filing a damage claim but one was torn from being picked up by the front zipper pocket, and the other had both of the wheels / legs knocked clean off. I was watching the baggage handlers load the luggage on the conveyor, basiclly throwing them about five feet up the ramp, one guy seemed to be intentionally slamming them down as hard as he could.....maybe he was having a bad day, but now that i'm paying for my luggage, I expect a little more care in handling.....think I'll get it? (as if...)

KAT1811
08-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Eh, I would have to say don't do it. Can you imagine opening your luggage to find juice spilled out of the container and all over your clothes? I would just go by them when I got there or have them delivered.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Why not try a grocery delivery :cart: service? That is what we are planning on doing this year. I would be too afraid :scared: that they would burst :blowup: and make a mess out of everything. If you are really going to roll the dice maybe duct taping the container closed may help. My instinct says don't do it :shake: . I think I'd cry :sob: if I had to do laundry :laundry: my first night in WDW after a long day of traveling :faint: .

luvkatiebug
08-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I packed Capri Suns also with no problem, but it just made the suitcase too heavy. We ended up having to pay extra for that one bag when we got to the airport. We used a grocery stop for mild and such, and next time, I might get juice boxes there too.
Have fun
M:mickey: