PDA

View Full Version : POR to DTD boat ride

starflyer59
08-21-2008, 02:13 PM
yea! We are leaving in the morning for Disney and staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Is there a boat at POR that will take you to downtown disney?

PrincessTracie
08-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Yes, POR does have a boat to DTD. It is about a 20 min. boat ride. Its very relaxing! I thoughly enjoy it!!

poohshoneybeejr
08-21-2008, 02:26 PM
There is definitely a boat that takes you to and from Downtown Disney. it's right outside of food court area. You'll see the dock. just go down and wait for the boat and it's about a 15 min ride to Downtown Disney. There are I believe 2 drop-off points at DTD. It's a nice relaxing ride and the boats were never crowded. We stayed at POR in November and it was kind of chilly on the boat ride especially at night but you shouldn't have a problem in August...probably will be refreshing! Have a great trip!:mickey:

mook3y
08-21-2008, 02:57 PM
The times i have taken the boat, there was only 1 drop off location, right by rainforest cafe.

It does also stop at POFQ.

Definately a nice ride.

Tinkerbella16
08-21-2008, 03:36 PM
You will def. enjoy the boatride to DTD. When we stayed at POR last year, it was so nice to get away from the busses and just relax on the boat. 79 more days until I am at French Quarter and can finally take that ride!! I love DTD, so we used the boat transportation every night.

TINKERBELL_82
08-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Thats one of the best parts about staying at those resorts- the ride is very quaint and fun! Just keep in mind that it stops running relatively early, so if you want to party it up in PI or have a late dinner, you will probably need to take the bus back.:mickey:

mrs.jacksparrow
08-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Does anyone have a schedule??

We have 7:00 ADR at DTD and staying at PORFQ and I was looking forward to a easy boat ride back to the hotel.

CleveRocks
08-24-2008, 05:06 AM
The boat runs between POR and POFQ (not DTD) beginning around 9:00 a.m.

It begins going to DTD around 11:00 a.m. ... it goes from POR to POFQ to DTD, and then back in reverse order. It runs about every 20 minutes until about 4:00 p.m., and from then about every 10 minutes until a little before 11:00 p.m., when it stops running for the night.

There is only one boat stop at DTD ... when a previous poster mentioned 2 stops, perhaps the poster was remembering the bus ride rather than the boat. At DTD, the boat docks in the Marketplace section, right next to Rainforest Cafe. If you want to get to the West Side section from there, you can take a 10 minute walk or you can take a water taxi across the lake to the dock right next to House of Blues, near the theater where La Nouba plays.

POFQ and POR also have a bus that runs to and from DTD. The bus runs until about 2:00 a.m., longer than the boat runs. In addition, the boats don't operate in inclement weather.

#1donaldfan
08-24-2008, 09:08 AM
The boat ride is one of our NON PARK, highlights.......the ride is a very relaxing "float" to DtD for eating n shopping!!:mickey:

Simba'sBud
08-24-2008, 10:07 AM
DW and I will be staying at POR in a couple of weeks for our second time. Everyone here is right when they say it's definitely the way to enter DTD and also a relaxing highlight to your trip. Do it once, and I am sure you will want to do it again! Enjoy your trip!

Kairi_7378
08-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Make sure to take one of the boat rides at night. The resorts, as well as DTD itself, look amazing at night!

hlkeck
08-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Our boatride from POR to DTD was anything but fun and relaxing. It started pouring first...then lightning...then because it was lightning, they shut down all the boats...we were dropped off all by ourselves, lost, somewhere on the property of Saratoga Springs...we had to walk in the lightning with a 3 and 5 year old who were scared to death and it was all of our first trip to Disney and we'd just arrived an hour before...we ended up after 15 min or so of walking finding a bus stop that was so crowded we had to wait for 2 buses...we were drenched and the kids were not happy...we finally made it to DTD and then things got quite a bit better.

Just beware that they will stop the boat and drop you off if the weather turns, as it does, in Florida!