PDA

View Full Version : Fun and Special Anniversary things

sneezyone
08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't know a better group of people to ask that you guys...

This year DH and I will be married ten years....woo hoo!

We're going to stay at AKL From 9/25 to 10/1and I was wondering what kind of special things I can do for him for our anniversary. (we do have tix to MNSSHP already)

Our travel agent is supposed to notify AKL about the momentous occasion....

but

I was wondering if anyone could suggest some things to make this trip much more memorable?

scooterca42
08-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Do a tour! DH and I celebrated our anniversary by doing Divequest. Another good one would be Keys to the Kingdom, we hope to do that one for our next anniversary.

Imagineer1981
08-21-2008, 12:58 PM
actually my grandparents just celebrated there 60th wedding anniversary down at WDW. They had quite a trip, they had a private viewing of Wishes with chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate chip cookies, for just them and my family members that went, also they had private Illumination viewing, free light up mickey ears for the whole family, vip tours, the list goes on...so all you have to do is ask, thats all my mom did, she called and asked

KerrySwan
08-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Who do we need to ask when we get to the park for the special things for a 50th Wedding Anniversay? At the front gate?
I am in charge of planning my in-laws 50th and just want to make it super special!:mickey:

obsessive planner
08-21-2008, 02:15 PM
My husband and I will be there on the 31st and we are celebrating our 5 year anniversary. I arranged to have a cookie cake delivered to our resort to surprise my DH. I ordered from a local grocery store that delivers to the resort.

I know it's not a fun activity but I think it's something my DH will appreciate, maybe yours would too.:)

Imagineer1981
08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Who do we need to ask when we get to the park for the special things for a 50th Wedding Anniversay? At the front gate?
I am in charge of planning my in-laws 50th and just want to make it super special!:mickey:

My father actually wrote a letter at Disney.com and they replied back and offered them all of this at no charge...turns out they were test subjects for a new program Disney is trying to implement for 40/50/60/etc wedding anniversaries

Lisaj13
08-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Port Orleans/POFQ has a horse drawn carriage ride. I saw it going through POFQ several times in the evening and thought it would be lovely.

Perhaps that would interest you and DH.

Mousemates
08-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Sit down together and make a list of ten special things you want to do at WDW (maybe things you've never done like ride in the monorail or take a tour or DQ or eat at Ohanas or whatever for you guys it might be) and then work your way down the list each day, saving your number one thing on the list for last.

disneyfan328
08-22-2008, 10:52 AM
for my DH I got him the Richard Petty Ride Along experience at the Disney race track. He was so surprised and he still pulls out the DVD and watches it about one a week. One of the best expieriences he ever had and he had no idea they even did them. His present to me was to purchase the Photopass CD since both things were the same price it was a great trade off ( I am a huge photo fanatic so yes this is what I wanted!!)

maybe do a spa treatment or special dinner. The carriage rides at POR/POFQ are wonderful There is so much to do at Disney I an sure you can find something that fits in with what you like.

The tours all sound nice too - maybe the epcot segway tour??

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Port Orleans/POFQ has a horse drawn carriage ride. I saw it going through POFQ several times in the evening and thought it would be lovely.

Perhaps that would interest you and DH.

My DH surprised me with this last year for our anniversary. It was really nice. You can also purchase a bottle of wine at the gift shop to take on the carriage ride with you.

This time I'm surprising him. I've planned for us to go on a tour, personalized menus at Coral Reef and a gift basket with snacks, wine, Disney t-shirts and a couple of Disney treasure hunting guidebooks.

Like someone else mentioned the Driving Experience. Also you could do a round of mini-golf, dinner at a signature or special restaurant or a couples massage or spa treatment.

poohshoneybeejr
08-28-2008, 08:54 PM
I arranged to have a cookie cake delivered to our resort to surprise my DH. I ordered from a local grocery store that delivers to the resort.

Do you have the information of the grocery store that delivers ? We will be celebrating my DH's 39th b-day and the cookie cake sounds like a fun surprise. Thank you.

Beast_fanatic
08-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Do you have the information of the grocery store that delivers ? We will be celebrating my DH's 39th b-day and the cookie cake sounds like a fun surprise. Thank you.

Goodings is the local grocery store that delivers. You can find it via any search engine.

obsessive planner
08-29-2008, 01:14 AM
I arranged to have a cookie cake delivered to our resort to surprise my DH. I ordered from a local grocery store that delivers to the resort.

The grocery stores' name is Goodings but I'm afraid I don't have the number any more. You should be able to call your resort or information to get it though.

Going2HeavenRU
08-29-2008, 08:48 AM
My parents celebrated there 50th anniversary on Aug 16th. They spent 3 days at Disney's All Star Music. When my mom made the reservations, she told the CM that it was her 50th and when they checked in they received 2 red roses and an anniversary button which they had the CM write "50" on so that people would know it was their 50th.
When they arrived at their hotel room, they received a baloon with happy anniversay on it and an anniversay card with Mickey and Minnie's signatures. In Magic Kingdom, one of the vendors gave them a free pop and in the Land pavilion at Epcot, they received 2 free huge cookies.
They didn't pay anything for any of this. All they did was wear the anniversary pin each day. They were also told happy anniversary by all the CM's everywhere and a lot of guests were congratulating them on their 50th all because of the pin.
We are going in a couple of weeks to celebrate our 1st anniversary and will be wearing the pin but I doubt we will get this type of treatment. I think 50th is amazing and the couple should be treated like royalty during their trip.