PDA

View Full Version : DDP-1st Timer Here!!!

A Mouse Fan
08-21-2008, 11:24 AM
My DH and I try and go to WDW at least every other year. I would like to go every year but he doesn't want to...that's another story! Anyway this is the first time we have purchased the DDP. We enjoy eating at Table Service restaurants very much and have them all booked. We were looking for ways to save money and the DDP seemed like a good deal. For all of you have used it, any tips or suggestions to get the most out of the Plan? Also, do they ever allow substitutions...for example we don't each need a dessert but would like one appetizer and one dessert at a table service restaurant...will they allow that? Any suggestions you can give would be great! Thanks in advance! :)

TinkerbellT421
08-21-2008, 11:36 AM
You didn't mention which DDP you have. If you have the basic dinner/lunch/snack one. Then no I am not aware of them allowing you to make that type of change. Usually they are pretty stringent with the DDP. So honestly, I dont THINK you will be able to do that. But Im not really sure me and DBF have not tried it or asked for that request. Im sure someone on here will be able to tell you for fact though. Secondly, not sure if you know this. But you will need extra cash for the gratuities seeing they have not been included. There is a post somewhere on this website of the actual copy of the DDP brochure that you can get any question answered and anything you could possibly need to know. I just dont know where it is or even how to post the link for you, sorry. Someone will be able to though. Hope this helped a little. Have a great time with the DDP, I know me and DBF get to eat at restaurants that we normally would NEVER eat at if we had to pay via cash everytime! That is a huge plus! ;)

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I think most restaurants make you stick to the dessert/but I have heard posters say they were allowed to substitute appetizers...it probably depends on management but doesn't hurt to ask....to get the most from your plan, eat meals at dinner when you get the most bang for your buck...if you are eating burgers at TS for every meal you are probably not getting a good value, so I use those credits to order the more expensive entrees that I couldn't afford to get OOP>

A Mouse Fan
08-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I should have mentioned we are on the Basic DDP :blush:
Keep the tips coming...Thanks!