PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else book online lately? QUESTION!

WDW1208
08-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone!

I booked a trip last Friday and got the original reservation emailed to me immediately after booking. Then I called first thing Sat afternoon and switched resorts, she told me another email confirmation would be emailed within 24 hours (due to the que of emails waiting to go out). Well 72 hours later I still did not have it. I called back to change some flight information and again asked for the email confirmation reflecting the changes (and told her I had not gotten the other one yet either), and she looked at the screen and said "Oh that's weird, instead of emailing it, it got sent to the printer". She then told me I would get the copy in the mail. She said she would email me the new copy right then (this was Tuesday morning)and I still have not gotten that one either! Do I need to be concerned? Will the revised copy come snail mail, or do I need to call back and request the email again? I have read horror stories about rooms being switched, overcharging for upgrades etc, so I would like to have my ducks in a row! Thanks!

MushuGrl
08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
I don't know what's going on there - we didn't book our trip online, but the CM said she was e-mailing us our confirmation number, and we never got it.

We called back a few days later to inquire about a discount, and told the lady we hadn't received our e-mail with her confirmation. She read out our e-mail (which was correct) and said she was sending it RIGHT THEN...and we still haven't gotten it. It's been a week since we booked.

WDW1208
08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
MushuGrl,
Sounds like exactly what happened here, they read my email info back to me,all was correct and said they were sending it again immediately- and nothing! Also sounds like this happened within the same time frame generally. I am interested in hearing if others are having the same issues! Did you get anything on paper yet?

Goofeygal
08-21-2008, 10:47 AM
I reserved my room only a couple days ago and got my E-mail immediatley.

BronxTigger
08-21-2008, 11:05 AM
I reserved over the phone the other day and had an email within the hour.

Do you have the reservation number? Have you logged in to your information on the Disney site? You need your reservation and phone number and it will bring up your current reservation information. That can be printed so you have it on paper.

WDW1208
08-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes I have the confirmation number and can log into the ressie, but it does not show the new airline info, only the original before I made the changes. The resort information is correct and updated online but not the air. I am going to call right now and see if I can get them to email me again. Thanks for the replies!

MushuGrl
08-21-2008, 12:44 PM
I haven't gotten anything on paper yet. But the most magical CM gave us our number when we called back so we have it.

I'm going to take your advice, Bronx, cause I just like having something in writing.

Let me know if you ever get anything, WDW1208! Does make me feel better knowing it wasn't just us.

MuchLovedMama
08-21-2008, 12:46 PM
When I got my e-mails from them it took about 2 days. They accidently snail mailed one of them & I called back & they e-mailed it but it was a day or 2 before I got that. Wouldn't hurt to call again.

WDW1208
08-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok called them and finally got someone who knew what was going on! Apparantly I have a profile in the computer. This profile pops up any time I book a trip, whether I do it over the phone or online, because when I do it by phone it comes up with my address from past trips, and when I do it online I am logged in. This "household" profile is what the CM said is used to send out postcards, other snail mail from Disney etc. For some reason, my 4 year old phone number was in this profile (from when I lived in AZ) with my new address that we have been at for 3 years now, and my old email as well as my new email but misspelled, along with the correct version from the online ressie (3 emails altogether). She could not tell me where the emails were going, but it was either the old address or the new mistyped one. It does not actually send it to the one on my online ressie, it automatically defaults everything to the "household" information in the computer. MushuGrl, you might want to call and double check to see if they have the right info. When I called the last 2 times they read the correct email back to me, yet it still defaulted to the old email listed in my account. It took about 10-15 minutes to get everything corrected, and I will let y'all know if I end up getting my email ressie today or tomorrow! Wish me luck!

MushuGrl
08-21-2008, 04:57 PM
We've had the same e-mail forever, though. We have moved, but we moved before our last trip and everything came to the right address.

I think we got gremlins.

countrycharmer
08-21-2008, 05:03 PM
This happened to us once. After calling and refusing to hang up, they emailed to me while I was online and it worked! Stuck to my guns that I would not hang up until it showed up in my email.

Also, maybe check your spam folder, sometimes things end up there without knowing how!

WDW1208
08-22-2008, 09:41 AM
MushuGrl,
The email they were sending it to was not an old email, it was a misspelled version of my correct email. It was also not the email I get all of my email Disney correspondence to, because I get things a few times a week (3 or 4 in the last 2 days!) sent to the correct email which is the one in my online profile on Disney.com. They basically had repeated the beginning 5 letters of my email twice. I also have had the same email forever so not sure what that was about. I think you are right, GREMLINS!

Oh and btw, still have not gotten my email!

WDW1208
08-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I give up! The Gremlins live! Still no email and it has been another 48 hours almost since I called. I did get the paper ressie which shows only the resort and total, no airline stuff, but whatever. I am not calling again! I honestly have no idea what their issue is that they can't send an email! :confused::mad:

MushuGrl
08-25-2008, 11:40 AM
None here either. Have you gotten your packet in the mail?