PDA

View Full Version : Name your own price airline question

disneymom15
08-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Has anyone ever used the Name your own price for airline tickets on Priceline.com? My hair stylist said she has used it a few times, I should have asked her more questions at the time. Wondering how it works. Do you get a choice of travel times or do you take what they give you? How do you bid (say the regular price ticket is $280, what would you bid?) It says up to 40% savings, so that would be $168, is that where you would start? Any other input would be great, positive or negative.

Strmchsr
08-21-2008, 10:56 AM
The closer you are to time, the lower you can bid. Far out the airlines aren't going to budge much. Closer to time and they're trying to fill seats. Often you get around 40% savings.

That said, the only thing you get to choose is your departing location and your destination. Beyond that you have no control. You could have 3 layovers, leave at 11 pm, etc. You're always going to be on the least popular flights.

Nurse Kim
08-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I used Priceline on our last trip. We paid less than $1000 for 5 RT tickets and flew Delta. You have no control over the times of your flights or which airline you fly until you have accepted it and paid. Fortunately for us the flights couldn't have been more perfect but that isn't always the case. Our flight wasn't any different than it would have been if we hadn't used Priceline.

I just entered what I wanted to pay and if it wasn't accepted I went up in $10 increments until my price was accepted.

Good Luck