PDA

View Full Version : How many days are actually on the ticket?

csdavis
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM
If I buy a water parks and more no expiration 10 day ticket, do I have 10 days of water parks and 10 days of parks or 10 days combined? Also, can you "reload" the pass before you leave? I'm trying to decide whether to get annual passes or no expiration. Thanks!

ibrowse17
08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
The first time you use your ticket each day, it counts as a day regardless of the type park you go to. If you go to a water park on a Tuesday, a theme park on a Wednesday and a water park on a Thursday, it would count as three of the ten days your ticket is good for.

Lizzie
08-21-2008, 12:16 PM
The ten day ticket counts towards only the theme parks. If you purchase the water parks and more option. I believe you get 5 entries into a waterpark or disney quest.

mdhiggin
08-21-2008, 12:43 PM
I think the current tickets are 10 days theme parks and 10 days water parks. That means you have to do water park and theme park on same day for most days, since ticket expires 14 days from first use. It used to be only about 4 days water park for that option, but they changed it.

joonyer
08-21-2008, 02:08 PM
I think the current tickets are 10 days theme parks and 10 days water parks. That means you have to do water park and theme park on same day for most days, since ticket expires 14 days from first use. It used to be only about 4 days water park for that option, but they changed it.

The OP asked about a no-expiration pass, which never expires. In such a case, you have 10 separate days of Theme Park admissions and another 10 days of Water Parks, Disney Quest etc. admissions, for a total of 20 days if you wanted to use the pass that way.
If you visit a theme park and water park on the same day however, it will use up one admission for each type of park, even if you have the park-hopper option (the Park hopper option does not carry over from a theme park to a water park or DQ)

Hope that answers your question.

By the way, if you plan on visiting the theme parks more than 10 days during any 12 month period, the annual pass is the better value. The 12 months on the AP doesn't begin to run until you first use it.

ibrowse17
08-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Cool, I did not know that. A lot has changed since we have had AP's, I guess:thumbsup:

Jasper
08-21-2008, 02:20 PM
The O.P. also asked about "reloading" the pass at the end of the current vacation. Technically the answer to that question is no. However what you can do is purchase a new pass and then "rollover" the current days onto the new pass. However, when rolling them over you don't get what they were originally worth. Disney has some bizarre way of calculating how much the remaining days on the first pass are worth so we have normally found it to be more economical to simply buy a new pass and keep the old one separate from the new one.

As others have already said though, if you are planning on doing more than 10 days in a 12 month period it does make more economical sense to get an Annual Pass.

tys_mommy
08-21-2008, 04:54 PM
My MIL just bought us the 10 day no expiration park hopers w/ water park and more option – it was explained to us that we have 10 park hopper days and 10 water park or more options = so basically 20 days worth of visits if you plan it correctly. The park hoppers are for the 4 main parks (MK, EPCOT, DHS & AK), you can not park hop between the “more” options – if you go to a water park in the morning you can leave and return to the same water park that afternoon and it will only count as one day’s use but if you go to another park, water park, club or Quest that evening you will use another one of your days (either park days or more days but it will still charge you another use).

For our visit we park hopped for 4 days, visited TL & Quest on 2 other days so we should have 6 hopper days and 8 “more” days remaining on our tickets.

CleveRocks
08-21-2008, 06:59 PM
The first time you use your ticket each day, it counts as a day regardless of the type park you go to. If you go to a water park on a Tuesday, a theme park on a Wednesday and a water park on a Thursday, it would count as three of the ten days your ticket is good for.Please don't interpret this as rude, but I really want the OP and others to have correct information ... the above quote is completely incorrect. It's just all wrong.

When you buy a 10-day ticket with Water Park Fun & More, it's actually as if you bought 2 separate tickets: 10 DAYS of theme parks and 10 ADMISSIONS to Water Park Fun & More gates.

The 10-day park ticket gives you 10 DAYS of theme park admissions (the OP didn't mention buying the park hopper option, so I'm leaving that out of this explanation). Not 10 ADMISSIONS, but rather 10 days. If you go to Magic Kingdom on Monday, you can't also go to Epcot later on Monday. On Monday, you used a DAY of your theme park ticket to get into MK; you can't use a second DAY to go to another park on the same DAY that you already used the ticket to get into a park. However, you can enter and exit the same theme park on the same day as much as you want.

The 10 WPF&M ADMISSIONS gives you 10 times through the gates of the water parks, Disney Quest, and the clubs at Pleasure Island (while they're still there). If you go to Blizzard Beach in the morning, you can also go to Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon if you want. This will use 2 of your WPF&M admissions ... they are "admissions," not "days."

If you go to a water park one day, and that is the only time you used that ticket that day, you DID NOT use one of your theme park days ... you simply used one of your WPF&M admissions.

You can use both tickets (theme park and WPF&M) on the same day.

EXAMPLE OF A 10-DAY TICKET WITH WPF&M:

Monday, August 25: Magic Kingdom only.
Running total: 9 theme park days and 10 WPF&M admissions remaining.

Tuesday, August 26: Epcot in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, back to Epcot at night.
Running total: 8 theme park days and 9 WPF&M admissions remaining.

Wednesday, August 27: Blizzard Beach in the daytime, DisneyQuest in the evening, and the clubs at Pleasure Island late that night.
Running total: 8 theme park days and 6 WPF&M admissions remaining. [Note that ZERO theme park days were used here, because no theme park gate was entered.]

Thursday, August 28: Disney's Hollywood Studios in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon.
Running total: 7 theme park days and 5 WPF&M admissions remaining.

Friday, August 29: hanging around at the resort, shopping at Downtown Disney.
Running total: 7 theme park days and 5 WPF&M admissions remaining. [Note that ZERO entitlements were used, since no admission gate was entered.]

Saturday, August 30: Animal Kingdom in the morning, Blizzard Beach in the afternoon and DisneyQuest at night.
Running total: 6 theme park days and 3 WPF&M admissions remaining.

... and so on and so on ....

Get the idea??

Even without the No Expiration option, you have 14 calendar days in which to use your 10 theme park days and your 10 WPF&M admissions.

When you buy the No Expiration option, any entitlement left on the ticket will never expire. For instance, if you use all 10 of your park days but still have 3 WPF&M admissions remaining, then those are still good for a future trip.

And just a note of caution: The No Expiration option is a good deal ONLY if the remaining theme park days will FULLY COVER your needs for at least one more trip. If you need to buy even a teensy-weensy 1-day ticket for your next trip, then buying the No Expiration option this trip means you cheated yourself out of hundreds of dollars. I can supply the math if requested.