PDA

View Full Version : YTZKING Day 1 - 08/13

ytzking
08-21-2008, 12:31 AM
If you read the pre-trip report you"ll know I'm flying down with DD12 ( soon to be 13 on 08/18 ) and DW and DD16 are following us tonight due to work and a rogue regents exam.
We got to LaGuardia at 5:30 AM and check in and security were a breeze. Worst breakfast sandwich ever from Au Bon Pain. We took off on time and arrived at MCO at exactly 10:00. Luggage and rental car were done by 10:45 ( nice Pontiac Grand Prix, last one in the full size line ). First stop, Walmart at Calypso Cay. Soda, snacks and essentials and then right to Wilderness Lodge.
I had requested an upper floor in the North Wing and at check in I was told the request had been granted but, no room # yet since the room wasn't ready.
We stored the luggage and drove to DHS to activate the APs and grab some lunch. I had pre-purchased APs for me and 2 DDs. I was told by the CM at Guest Services that it was easiest to pick up all 3 now since my other DD would be activating her pass tom'w.
While getting the APs I was able to get an ADR for the 2 of us at 50s PT at 2:25 ( 15 mins. away ). Lunch was great, fried chicken for me and grilled chicken sandwich for DD.
Checked in at home and DW was off work for the day and DD16 was finished with her test and packing.
After lunch we tried for TOT and RNRC but the waits were too long ( first day impatience, "we'll get them later" ). We went on GMR and decided to go back and check on our room.
At 4:00 our room was ready- room 6119. We went upstairs and I immediately realized the room was not in the north wing. I opened the door and WOW, 6th floor right over Silver Creek Springs with a view of Bay Lake, the pool, and the whole courtyard.
We unpacked, explored a little and decided to go to MK. We took the launch, ( only a 5 minute wait ) and we were on Main Street in 15 minutes.
First up was HM. It was down last year when we were here and we had to see. It was great! We both caught the tombstone at the door and loved the "Bridal Room". Quick dinner at Columbia Harbour House and then on to POTC, JC and Splash. We got stuck under the vultures for 20 mins. ( "We'll show you a Laughing Place" over and over and over) Caught the tail end of Spectromagic. Saw the back side of Wishes while walking through Fantasyland. Finally we hit Space Mountain. It said 40 minutes and it was. When we came out it was pouring rain. Went to the WL launch and were back in the room in 20 minutes. I think we caught one of Phelps' gold medals before DD went to sleep and I went down to wait for DW and DD on DME. They arrived a little before 1 AM and we all caught up and hit the sack around 2.
Next up- "These kids can't keep up." Me and DW hit MK in the morning while the "Youth of America" sleep late!

Lizzie
08-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Sounds like a great start. Looking forward to more reports.

the other micki
08-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Glad your wife and DD made it in and now you're all together. Looking forward to more!

yjgirl32
08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Sounds like a great trip so far. Thank you for sharing. WL is one of the places I hope to stay at in the future. We went to MIckey's bbq and the hotel looked amazing- took a quick stop inside. Can't wait to read the rest of your reports.

ChipnDaleGal
08-21-2008, 09:52 AM
What a great first day for you and your daughter. I bet it was fun to have her all to yourself for the day. Glad the stragglers got in safe and sound. Thanks for the great report. :mickey:

pink
08-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Sounds like you had a great first day. I can't wait to read more.

Worst breakfast sandwich ever from Au Bon Pain.

I know what you mean, I had to eat it for lunch one day in Miami and it was horrible. :ack:

:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Sounds fun!

faline
08-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Glad you ended the day with the whole family together again! You did manage to get a head-start on ther latecomers though!

tinkerbell04
08-23-2008, 04:09 PM
What a great start to the vacation. You sure managed to do alot while you were waiting for the rest of the family to arrive :)

pdrlkr
08-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

laward32
09-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Great first day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
We were at WL at the same time. Great first day.:mickey: