PDA

View Full Version : GF or BC??

Jarrod
08-20-2008, 11:32 PM
We have stayed at both the GF and BC and have an upcoming trip that is during the holiday season. We have weighed the pros and cons of each resort, but are still undecided as to whether the GF is worth additional $700 it will cost to stay there on our 10 day trip. Any input is appreciated!

sgundell
08-21-2008, 05:24 AM
We have stayed at the BC *twice* during the holiday season and it was absolutely magnificent each time. In fact, it was so wonderful that despite the temptation to try out the GF during our next trip (since it is so close to the Magic Kingdom) we are *still* planning to return to the BC. It's just that great. Plus, we also love that it's so close to Epcot. And during the holidays, the resort is beautifully decorated -- with the gingerbread carousel in the lobby and garlands everywhere. Gorgeous!

playdead88
08-21-2008, 07:30 AM
depends on what park you would like to be closer to - if you are a fan of epcot BC is the way to go - its about a 5 min walk to the international gateway but if you are a MK fan then i would go with the GF - you can't go wrong with either choice considering they are both awesome - have a wonderful vacation!

bruin1344
08-21-2008, 01:18 PM
never actually stayed at GF although ive been there a couple of times, i liked bc better because of the pool and the short location to epcot

pamickeys
08-22-2008, 07:01 PM
I apologize--we haven't yet stayed at BC or GF however I can't help but ask--have you ever considered Yacht? BC is more relaxed and laid back than Yacht. My DH and I love Yacht--our favorite thus far. You can get the feel of GF without spending the extra money.

ThanxForNoticin
08-22-2008, 08:50 PM
depends on what park you would like to be closer to - if you are a fan of epcot BC is the way to go - its about a 5 min walk to the international gateway but if you are a MK fan then i would go with the GF - you can't go wrong with either choice considering they are both awesome - have a wonderful vacation!

I agree 100% - location can be important depending on your favorite park(s). Since you are fortunate enough to go for 10 days, have you considered the possibility of 5 nights at one place and 5 at the other? We have done a switch like that several times, and it can be a lot of fun - almost like starting your vacation over when you get to the new place. Have a great time, whichever you choose.

lockedoutlogic
08-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Beach Club is the best property at WDW.....

...hope that helps:thumbsup:

Jarrod
08-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. We totally agree that the BC is great. It is our fav resort. . . . BUT, because of the uncertainty of the current renovations at BC; and the GF at the holidays is really cool, we are gonna do the GF this time.

Thanks again

mickeefan
08-23-2008, 10:08 AM
We have never stayed at the GF. We are normally Poly people. Due to the great bounceback offers we will be staying at the GF for the first time during the first week in December. We had tried for the Poly again, but nothing was available for our time frame.
This seems to be the perfect place to spend our 50th anniversary.