PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever completely Rained out??

mrs.jacksparrow
08-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi,

With the rain status I'm learning about...I was just wondering what my chance are of having 5 days of rain 9/3 to 9/7? I never thought about this....:blush: We have tickets for MNSHHP and it was so sad to hear some of the stories from last year...I'd hate to have a rain out...I'm sure everyone feels this way :(:(...I guess it is just last minute jitters. Anyone ever have a bad rainy disney trip in Sept???

wedway fan
08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
not a complete washout, but we had lots of rain in april this year. very disappointed that our night for P&PP was a torrential downpour- tried to make the best of it but it certainly wasn't what it could have (should have?) been.

spent a lot more time in the resort than i thought we would because of the rain, but that turned out in retrospect to be kind of fun. so, while rain certainly disrupts your plans, it's still WDW and there's always magic to be found.

Bethis26fan
08-20-2008, 09:51 PM
What do they do if a party is rained out? How much rain does it take to rain a party out?

Pop Centurion
08-20-2008, 09:53 PM
It rained most of the time during our Sept 05' trip. I was pretty miserable that trip even though everything still was operating. Since then our last 2 Sept trips have been very nice with minimal rain.
We're going to MNSSHP on the 5th and I really hope there's no rain at all during that time.

mook3y
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
last year when we went to MNSSHP it rained off and on throughout the day and that night only misted once. We just brought an extra pair of socks in case our feet got wet. :) had a blast! Enjoy and don't worry to much. it rains a lot of days during that time, but usually for a short period of time and is done.

disneygeek84
08-20-2008, 10:21 PM
It's raining alot down there right now because of Fay. I've been looking at the weather the last few weeks and pretty much every day has said there was at least a 30% chance of rain, but that doesn't mean it's going to rain all day. My sister was there a couple of weeks ago and it rained off and on the whole week, but she said it was nice because it kept it cooler than it normally would have been.

We're going to be there from Sept 7th-13th and I've been kind of worried about it, too, but I'm trying to keep my hopes up that it won't be too bad!

Lizzie
08-20-2008, 10:45 PM
We were there last September and I remember only having rain twice.

Camping Mom
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
A few years back we went in June and it rained every day but one (which means it rained 9 of our 10 days). We lost most of 3 days to complete downpours. You can never control the weather, but you can control what you do when it happens. I love it when it rains just long enough for people to leave the parks.....feel like you have the place to yourself!!!

Alligirl
08-20-2008, 11:01 PM
One of my coworkers is there now on a first ever family trip. It is DH, DW and 4 kids under 7!! I cant imagine being stuck in a hotel room like that!:(

thrillme
08-21-2008, 08:11 AM
When we were there just a couple of weeks ago it was predicted to rain every day. In fact...most of the time I've gone they've predicted showers. However. For us...it ALWAYS rains for at least 10-20 minutes everyday when we're in Florida.

It's not a real big deal. At Disney too..."many" of the rides are indoors so they're relatively uneffected.

Belle619
08-21-2008, 08:46 AM
We too also had a rainy time this past April. I know that they say it rains a little everyday in Florida, but it poured so hard for hours at a time every single day of our trip!

Honestly though, perhaps it was just our positive attitude, but it really didn't seem to ruin the trip at all. We were prepared (checked the weather before leaving) so we brought a few ponchos and packed flip flops in our bag while at the park so that we could change from our sneakers into those so our shoes didn't get soggy. And our bag was large and waterproof, so we were able to store our purchases safely inside it.

For us, everything went on as planned, although Fantasmic! was delayed about an hour. Everything else seemed to be running pretty well - so my advice is just make the best of it if possible - especially since most people flee the parks and the lines are super short!!!

mrs.jacksparrow
08-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for those replys :thumbsup: i feel better...we camp so I know wet! I'll just prepare with ponchos and I like the idea of the flip flops just in case!

DisneyDog
08-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I love it when it rains at Disney. All the scaredy-cats leave and the brave ones get to have the park to themselves. I've seen the park clear out when a downpour starts, and then it stops raining within 15 minutes. Meanwhile, everyone has left and suddenly there are no lines. It's great!

You can usually tell when it's going to start raining in Florida. The sky will be clear and blue, not a cloud to be seen. Then, out of nowhere you'll see a little black cloud. That's when to take cover. It will rain within 15 minutes.

I used to live in Naples, and I did notice a distinct difference between rain in Florida and rain up here in the Northeast. In Florida, the rain will end within the hour. In the Northeast, once it starts raining, it will rain all day. Rain kills a day up here. In Florida, it just means 'take a break.'

MushuGrl
08-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I've only been at Disney three times that it rained SO hard that everything pretty much stopped - one was first day of my first trip ever, one was first day of my second trip ever, and third was, unfortunately, my MNSSHP.

And by this, I mean rain so hard that it HURT. That the water comes over your SHOES. That you can't SEE. That kinda rain.

That being said, my very first trip, it rained all week except one day. But it was a steady rain, and if you wear a hat and bring extra socks, you're good. Just trudge right along!

(On a side note...was talking with my sister the other day - we've only seen the Main St. parade ONCE when it wasn't raining!)

MNNHFLTX
08-21-2008, 05:27 PM
What do they do if a party is rained out? How much rain does it take to rain a party out?It would take a lot--maybe a tropical storm or hurricane would do it.

Checkers
08-21-2008, 05:55 PM
It would take a lot--maybe a tropical storm or hurricane would do it.

We were there in 1997 for the MNSSHP and it rained so hard with thunder/lightening and the party was cancelled. We were staying in a treehouse villa and it was scary with the trees swaying to and fro. They also refunded our money for the tickets! If I remember correctly, we had rain about every day that week (Oct.) but we didn't mind, just made the most of it.:mickey:

MushuGrl
08-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Our MNSSHP, if I remember right, was suppose to have four Villian Mix and Mingles, two parades, and fireworks. We got one of each due to the hard rain.

If something like that happens, like the rain comes so hard they start delaying stuff...DON'T LEAVE! They'll start the festivities as soon as they can.

If I remember right, they actually kept the park open just a little longer than midnight since we'd spent most the night huddled up somewhere. And I believe a lot of people went to City Hall and got free passes for MK the next day because of it.